Kendal Briles officially out

Seriously, what was the point of waiting? Clearly did not do any substantial game planning…14 points? Yeah way to do the right thing and help “coach” the players for one last game with one foot out the door.
By the way, does anyone know if Army’s defense was any good for the regular season? I did not watch them at all

Eff em all. I’m so sick of this coaching carrousel. I’m tired of seeing posts on message boards after three wins of “who is coach x going to next year”. Eff everything Briles after we stuck our necks out to bring their tainted azzes back… and signed a three year extension. College football is a sham now and it kills me to say it. I’m going to swallow REAL hard and renew season tickets again. Screw it all… taking my 9 yr old son to the BB game tomorrow. Go Coogs.

5 Likes

I suspect Briles was trying to do UH a solid by staying through the bowl game and, more importantly, through early signing day.

Good enough that their DC is a Broyles finalist and is going to UNC. That was an interim DC for Army today

1 Like

True, we would get mad no matter how he left. And yes, he did nothing wrong by taking another job. I would have taken the “promotion” as well. I for one am just mad at the results of the final game. If you’re staying through the bowl, make it mean something, don’t half @$$ it. If not, then get off my lawn before the bowl, that’s all

2 Likes

That was good Army team that had motivation(first 11 win season) vs a depleted UH team. I doubt Briles half assed it, we just shit the bed today.

3 Likes

The Briles situation reminds me a bit of the Jenkins R&S. It racked up plenty of stats but got demolished in one big game after another.

Sure there were wins against Arky and ATM and a couple from UT. But I remember Miami on ESPN and Illinois (ugh). Both high interest games under the national spotlight that ended in blowouts.

3 Likes

Good point. But 14 pts? Expected more. Because the loss was to a service academy it just makes it feel worse bc it becomes an even bigger national headline. And who can root against Army?

Nobody says he has to stay. We’re just saying if he’s going to leave don’t sign the freaking contract extension! Get it? If this were any other business this shady character would find himself in court! You don’t sign a contract and breaks that contract 10 days later! Only in college football where braindead morons are programmed to accept the rules of those so-called “Power 5 schools” in which a contract is as meaningless as used toilet paper is this kind of behavior is acceptable!

If the businesss world works the same way as your shady college football system then a contractor can literally walks out from building a house that is halfway finished just because he found a more lucrative deal to build another house that is 5 times larger and pays him 10 times more! You know what happens if a contractor does that? He would find himself in court!

This college football rule of allowing a coach to walk away from his contract is designed by those so-called “Power 5 schools.” They wanted it that way so that they can poach a coach from those “Non-Power 5 schools” any time they want!

I find it incredibly hypocritical and ironic that allowing people to openly violate a contract that they had just signed is only acceptable in the college world! After all, isn’t college supposed to teach young people proper behaviors and etiquettes? How can you teach them anything when your football coach just signed a contract with their school and within minutes he is already out there looking for another job that would pay him more?

So essentially, he is given the right by this corrupt system to use your school as a bargaining chip to get a better pay from another school that he is also checking out! Not even at the professional level where money is king would this kind of shady behavior would be tolerated! Why should the college level allows people to be less ethical and more corrupt?

3 Likes

I don’t know why anyone should be upset about Briles. He stayed thru signing day and the bowl.

Strategically, it makes sense to move. He needs success at FSU to was the stench of Baylor away. If he’s successful, jobs will open up.

No different than Holgorsen leaving for OSU

2 Likes

Why sign the contract?..that IS the wrong. Tell them no, I am leaving. You promise a girl you will marry her, then bail on her before the wedding, it is wrong. If you knew you had cold feet, don’t buy the ring and don’t propose. Let her know up front this is going nowhere and leave.

2 Likes

This marriage comparison stuff really has me wondering about you guys. Nothing about the situation says KB was not upfront with UH

1 Like

Agree. Especially the guys playing to complete college and not get drafted. They twist in the wind for the value of the education. This ESPN network model is going turn on the NCAA one day and all but cut them to ribbons.

1 Like

It is the direct comparison. When you a married, you have “signed a contract with your spouse, to be there forever, through sickness and health”. Signing that contract says I am committed to you through the duration of the contract. He bailed after he agreed. That is not upfront, and that is the wrong.

2 Likes

Let see if you feel the same way if a contractor violated an agreement with you and left you with a job that is completely undone and time is running out for you to find somebody else to do the work! Would you still feel the contractor has the right to walk away for another job since this other job pays much better and would allow him to walk away from the stench that your job has been leaving him with?

1 Like

One, hate to break to everybody but marriages end up in divorce more than not.

He was probably upfront because UH knew all they were doing was making the next bid have to go bigger. That what I read from our ADs tweet.

1 Like

Mark Shapiro, I take your post as a message from one of those negative Bonghorn trolls! You know, the kind that always look for an angle to go against the Coogs and make excuses for the Coogs’ adversaries.

Not all, not all.

1 Like

BINGO!!!

So signing a contract for multiple years to tell the school that you have agreed to coach for several more years but abruptly leave as soon as you find another job that pays better is being “upfront?” You have a twisted definition for the meaning of words!

1 Like