Kendal Briles officially out

Here is the deal: Scott Frost and Larry Fedora left the right way…why do UH coaches leave the wrong way???

4 Likes

If the head coach isn’t making sure his players are getting prepared properly by their coordinators and position coaches, then I am not sure what at all they are doing.

6 Likes

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/12/22/kendal-briles-resigns-offensive-coordinator-houston

Here’s hoping UH has learned its lesson about the Briles family.

3 Likes

Art and Kendall … never set foot on the UH campus ever again. Like father, like son … textbook definition of d-bag.

7 Likes

It’s a Texas tradition across all sectors, media included. S*** on UH whenever possible.

2 Likes

Kendal took a better job for more money (I’m assuming). Good for him. I’ve done the same thing and I will again if the opportunity is there.

OC at a P5 > OC at UH.

K. Briles did nothing wrong. You get mad at coaches leaving before the bowl game. He stays through the bowl game and people are still mad at him. Plus, we get paid a lot of money on the buy out. It could be used to pay CMA’s buyout. Look at the bright side!

10 Likes

Well, thanks for letting us know you have the character and integrity of the Briles family.

3 Likes

You’ve stayed in the same job all your career?

2 Likes

UH picked up Briles off the dumpster pile. Both Khator and Fertitta stuck their necks out for this fool. I for one expected just a little bit of loyalty…

There is a lesson to be learned here…

11 Likes

CMA will probably have a tough time convincing a good DC, OC or an up and coming assistant coach ready to make the leap to full blown coordinator to come down to Cullen Blvd.

Who, of any value or potential value, would want to come to UH for a one year, “Make or Break” job for a head coach on the hot seat? If the team doesn’t perform, CMA is gone and a new guy will be hired, come in and build a whole new staff.

That would potentially leave CMA with only one choice, to hire mediocre or lesser known gamblers with nothing to lose, which could only propagate a poor performance by the team and ultimately cost CMA his job; thereby, forcing UH to hire a new HC and a new staff.

Classic Catch 22 for whomever CMA hires.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Actually, KB’s move to FSU is exactly that - potentially a 1-year job under a coach on the hot seat. Just getting paid more.

3 Likes

He’s taking the mercenary route in trying to get a head job. Figures if he keeps popping in places, improving an offense, and then moving along, eventually someone will give in and give him what he wants.

1 Like

Don’t you think FSU will give Taggart three years? If so, this is like Briles’ UH year.

Potentially. I kinda think Willie may have 2 years left. FSU can only go up. Plus, with UH and now FSU on his resume, Briles may have the stench of his past sufficiently filtered out to get a P5 coaching job (thinking bottom tier P5 job).

FAU, UH and FSU jobs are filters and stepping stones distancing him from Baylorgate.

1 Like

Please…stop…

This holier than thou attitude is as phony as it gets. I was with 1 company for 7 years, the next one for 10, and this one for 5. Each move was for a better job and more money. Sometimes the better job comes in 1 year, not 10.

Stop being selfish. I am happy for Briles. He did a great job here.

2 Likes

You are wanting a totally clean slate ? Not saying that is a bad thing. With the debt load ,Khator and Fertitta and Pezman probably don’t want to wait for more research results?

You guys are going to have agree to disagree, neither of you are right and neither of you are wrong.

1 Like

This explains the prayer hands :pray:
You think we’re pissed off, these players have to learn some new guy’s offense all over again. And have him gain their trust. This lack of consistency and foundation really sucks.
Please tell me it’ll get better…sh@#$ getting real old

It is going to be really hard to recruit a DC and OC when the HC is on a very hot seat. It might make more sense to clean house.

Is Clements going with Briles? The new OC might already be here.