Kentucky vs UH ‘08

Found this gem online

9 Likes

I was there. It was higher resolution in person.

16 Likes

I think that was the game that new Kentucky coach Billy Gillespie tried to buy his way out of and Penders told him NFW :sunglasses:

Look at the size of those pants/shorts! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

This long baggy shorts were awful as bad as the old school short shorts.

1 Like

That was the game he bought his way out of a job

2 Likes

It’s cool you posted this.

I would like to see some of the players that toiled and worked through the tough times [Brooks, Ray M.] and so-so times [Penders, Dickey] be invited back and recognized. A lot of us sat through those years and appreciate many of those players despite the tough times.

7 Likes

I was at that game.

2 Likes

And LOUD

I forgot this was a thing, when did it stop? I remember shorter players looked like they could trip over those shorts. Never understood why this was so popular, seems like it would impede your ability to run effectively

The switch from the nut hugger shorts of the eighties to the baggy capri pants of the nineties into the two thousands was quite a thing.

2 Likes

It was aesthetically not pleasing to look at.

1 Like

Didn’t Jordan start the baggy shorts? Or at least longer shorts?

Fab 5 in 1991ish

2 Likes

Yes, this is an older article about it before shorts started getting shorter again and returned to a normal length.
https://basketball.epicsports.com/basketball-short-history.html#:~:text=Shorts%20weren’t%20always%20long,his%20shorts%20while%20playing%20defense.