"Kentucky"

Maybe football… nil should not be a problem with UK hoops.

Calipari and youth is the problem

2 Likes

I think Jay Wright hits the nail on the head with his analysis of Kentucky. It also reaffirms CKS’ approach to building the team.

https://x.com/thecatspause247/status/1771008780999774232?s=46&t=ZflAtQu28mE4aUWNMrJBpQ

1 Like

He’s right for the most part. I disagree with the “It’s not Cal’s fault” part

1 Like

https://x.com/MitchMossRadio/status/1770995591621001518?s=20

Kentucky is the worst defensive team of a good team i’ve ever seen. Didn’t keep the ball in front of them or guard a ball screen all season against good teams. And last night just let Oakland run their offense and get the ball to the wing, high post, low post whenever they wanted.

2 Likes

I can’t think of a coach I dislike more than Calipari. I just want to barf every time he speaks. He’s very good at making excuses too. I hope Kentucky lets him go.

5 Likes

Interesting link to video on their defense. Title’s a little harsh but…

4 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:. What a Diick!

IMG_4616

8 Likes

at first i couldnt stand the yelling and then it became soothing

1 Like

he got the quotes right

“Kentucky”

4 Likes

And he’s such a baby——comes out and says the other team’s average players age was 24-25.

That is not their AVERAGE age……and we are talking about guys that were 3 stars and less….its not as though it’s a bunch of old guys that were all 4 and 5 stars.

Maybe if he taught his “diaper dandies” to play defense they wouldn’t lose to 13 and 14 seeds every year.

5 Likes

Absolutely. If you have one it is great, it is like a high level portal add. But 4-5 you never have a championship level team. You have an AAU team.

Having Walker last year was nice but he wasn’t the best player on the team and the team got better defensively without him.

2 Likes

It’s like he thinks his job is to get kids ready and transitioned to the nba with the hope that a winning cbk program will be a byproduct. Whereas, of course, it should be vice versa, even if that costs you multiple 5 stars.

He’s the anti-samp

5 Likes

I expected Walker to dominate and take over games. Maybe it was the scheme but i didn’t see it.

2 Likes

I often wonder which part of the NBA he is getting them ready for. The all star game maybe?

3 Likes

I didn’t either. I saw a really good freshman with potential.

3 Likes

Cal always bragged he does not teach defense until after the first of the year. He tries to get the team to gel on offense first. Well, we will see if defense or offense wins when ISU and UH take the floor. Defense is ingrained in you before you officially sign at UH and continues.

Nah, not true. Calipari was complaining about NIL (or lack thereof).

They are doing this because its been lacking. We will see if it works.

Same as what Penders said recently. Walker playing here under Sampson for 3 years would have been incredible.
But I’m sure Duke and Kentucky say this every year

1 Like

Yeah it’s been lacking but the potential is there for hoops. Shouldn’t be a problem going forward… they will not be hard pressed to compete