Kids Day vs UT-Arlington (W)

Great day to watch baseball. Lets hang in there.

Record setting day and UH pitchers seem to be the theme.

1 Like

Will the kids be allowed to play?

Looking for results.

Just dawned on me….we are worse than EVERY baseball team in the UT-system….

Even UTEP is better.

1 Like

Its “Kids Day” in the stadium promotion meaning.

UH baseball does so little to bang the drum on various promotions. I get why you thought young pitching.

Kids must be really bad if they cant any innings on this wretched staff.

1 Like

Lol

No, I knew what you meant……I was being snarky….

2 Likes

Who are the announcers on ESPN+? Have they been doing the games for a while?

There are new ones today. I already like them better!

1 Like

6-3 Mavs going to bottom of fourth

#40 O’Donnell walked his first two batters in relief. With bases loaded. 1B bailed him out with great catch over the dugout.

Don’t see many kids in the stadium or many fans.

2-run double by McMillan!

Yep… No excitement around this program at all…

Whitting has to go.

2 Likes

Zach Arnold puts us back on top with a BLAST to Left-Center!!!

Back to the tourney for me… Glad we’re hitting, though!

1 Like

“Having won six of the last eight, Coach is starting to round the Cougars into shape”

14-9 Coogs to top of seventh. Got six last half inning.

Coogs won 18-9!

2 Likes

Kids day. What a joke. “Hey kids, wanna go watch UH battle a WAC also ran or go to watch the World Series Champion Astros?”

You wanna get some “people” in the stands?

Bikini contest.

Watched it on demand.
Most entertaining game of the year.

Announced crowd of 1078.

SAM on tuesday then ECU. AAC looks bad.

ECU is going to win a ton of games.

They do some ACC baseball games for sure.

Is there even a possible way for us to win a game against ECU?
Sounds like the Pirates come in here with their brooms

1 Like

Highly unlikely. ECU is a legitimate national title contender this season. They’re easily a Top 10 team right now. A series against them could be a bloodbath even worse than the Vanderbilt at Miss. St. series that just wrapped.

That was basically my point. The brooms will come out

1 Like

Yeah I hear ya. The American is down this year. I remember plenty of years where it was the 4th toughest conference in college baseball behind the SEC, ACC and Big 12 or Pac 12. It was really a “Power 5” baseball conference. Right now it’s ECU and everyone else. UCF is in the hunt and may get an at-large bid, maybe. No one else in the conference is going dancing this season.

In a weird way, when UH, UCF and Cincinnati leave for the Big 12, I almost thing the American gets stronger by adding UTSA, Rice, Charlotte, FAU and UAB. I don’t know. Maybe not. Will be interesting to see.

2 Likes

UTSA is stronger than UH and Cincinnati for sure this season. Maybe stronger than UCF too. Rice is a long way removed from a national championship (that was 20 years ago) but with the right guy at the helm and the transfer portal in play, it could get back into shape. FAU is a sound program that won 35 games last year with a schedule much tougher than Houston’s. 32 games the year prior — again with a solid schedule. The Florida schools are nearly always 1-2 good in-state commits away from being Top 25 at any given time. Look at Florida Gulf Coast this year as an example. 21-4 right now with series wins over Florida State, Troy and Liberty. Charlotte is a surging program that is going to be in the conversation for years to come. They are struggling this season so far (10-13), but holy smokes look at who’s on their schedule this season — South Carolina, Louisville, UConn, West Virginia, Clemson, Old Dominion, Coastal Carolina, Virginia Tech, Campbell, UTSA, Southern Miss, North Carolina, La Tech … basically a schedule we’d all like to see Houston playing. Charlotte has great facilities and won 36 games last season with a schedule that’s stacked.

So the more I think about it I start to wonder if in 2-3 seasons we’re all going to look and say the American is tougher with these new teams than with UH, Cincinnati and UCF. Time will tell.

2 Likes