Kuwait City, hottest city on earth

brutal heat…i remember it well…

The world’s hottest city has become ‘unliveable’ with highs of 125F - even the streets have air-con (msn.com)

Now imagine wearing a burqa in that climate.

1 Like

This is peanuts compared to Death Valley.

No one lives in Death Valley though.

1 Like

Kuwait and Laghman Province in Afghanistan (Gamberi desert) are the two hottest places I’ve ever been.

Both have summer highs in the 120s and 130s Fahrenheit.

Are they humid?

YES!!! Especially Kuwait with its Persian Gulf humidity.

FOB Gamberi was also humid because we were near a river. Further away it may have been dryer.

But when the temps are 125 degrees and above…trust me…you’re sweating bullets.

1 Like

How hot is it in Dubai?

I assume comparable, though I haven’t seen the numbers.

Phoenix is similar to Kuwait. It has happened that planes could not take off from Phoenix because it was too hot.

Now I’m picturing Saguaro cactus in Kuwait.

This reminds me of the so called new highs recorded last year only to find out there were issues. Did you read the part about heat index? I have been on the beach in Spain, Andalusia with similar temperatures. Hot but that is the season Dustin.

Sorry we don’t follow Qnon. So we don’t know about any hoaxes. It was hot as crap in Houston all last summer and I was in Phoenix and the high was like 127 at some point. I can assure you that was real. Even the cactus died.

1 Like

qnon, hoaxes? Did I write anything different about Phoenix?

Chris, I didn’t actually read the article about Brazil. I saw it on drudge and it related to this thread so I figure I’d add it for discussion.

Yea, it was awful in Houston this past summer but “that is the season” doesn’t cut it. It was unusually hot. I’ve lived in Houston all my life really, with small exceptions of a little over a year in Tucson and 9 months or so in San Marcos. Its always easy to just say “it is the season” when you’re not the one living in the heat!