Lane Kiffin

Tilman didn’t lie. There’s no offer to make until the decisionmaker (Renu) authorizes Tilman/Hunter to make the offer. Doesn’t mean that the terms aren’t in place in the event an offer is made - that’s already been negotiated.

Is this an exercise in semantics? Of course. But that doesn’t make Tilman a liar - far from it.

2 Likes

Exactly. It’s not like he told recruits and players he’s not leaving and then tells his agent to shop him around to other schools in the middle of the season :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

In all likelihood terms have been outlined and agreed to in principle for potential offers for ALL of the finalists. I’ve never received a formal job offer when I didn’t already know what was in it.

1 Like

Houston Cougars to hire Alabama OC Lane Kiffin as next coach

Ed Oliver just followed Kiffin on twitter fwiw.

1 Like

Houston’s potential Kiffin hiring a blow to minority coaches

I’m calling BS.

I’m not a person that’s generally dismissive of articles that talk about race, but wow. That article was particularly vapid. Love him or hate him, Kiffin has a substantially better resume than someone like Ruffin McNeill.

Mac Engel is a joke of a writer. Always writing something to try to upset people. He named one minority coach who isn’t given a chance (a poor example too since we would never hire a coach fired by a lesser program) and no real alternatives that are getting over looked. Why even connect us to this? It’s not like we are ignoring good minority coaches.

He should be harping on tu and not us. What an idiot. At least, we conducted a national search and we didn’t go and steal someone’s coach.

The article was nonsense (we’ve had African American coaches stolen in-state. How horrible we are).

What was kind of cool was how he kept referring to us as a major program. No, I’m not joking. He wrote it half a dozen times.

UH is a major program. Is located in one of the biggest & more famous known cities. With a big population that produces the best athletes in the world. Major reason why Big 12 and other schools hate for us to join a P5 conference. Too much of a major threat to the landscape of College Football. They can spin it all they want, but it’s true.

Ruffin McNeil shouldn’t have been fired by ECU in the first place so that poor example is itself a poor example

1 Like

famous known cities. With a big population that produces the best athletes in the world. Major reason why Big 12 and other schools hate for us to join a P5 conference. Too much of a major threat to the landscape of College Football. They can spin it all they want, but it’s true.

Correct and this has been articulated to us.

I agree, Ruffin McNeill is not perfect and doesn’t have the it factor that many of the up and comers have but he had East Carolina on solid ground and would not have left them for a bigger better deal. Southern Miss did the same thing to Jeff Bower and look what happened there. Larry Fedora and Todd Monken left as soon as they were successful and Ellis Johnson was disastrous.

The sad part is, Tom Herman indirectly cost Ruffin his job.

Also, congrats to LSU, Orgeron got a great OC. Go make A&M tiger bait.

I hope so at this point. Wouldn’t be fun to have him in conference at USF.

Glad it’s not Kiffin. My boss went to LSU and scoffed at anyone wanting to hire Miles…“3 yds and a cloud of dust.” He think Major is a very good hire.

I’m hoping Charlie Strong gets that job. He’s supposed to interview there today.