Last AAC season begins w #8 ECU on Camper Weekend - (UH 2-1)

3 run homer by Lopez off the foul pole for UH
6-4 Coogs after 7

2 Likes

Can’t believe that ball went out but I’ll take it.

2 Likes

That was a nice at bat that got rewarded.
Baseball fate w a random blast of wind.

Coogs win the series 2-1!

5 Likes

Let’s beat Rice Tuesday. Surprising weekend series win. I’ll take it.

4 Likes

So i just finished watching WVU take a road series at Kansas State and noticed your ECU game…nice series win against a good program.

7 Likes

Way to go Coogs…there’s talent here

Well Done.
Props to team and staff.

Heading into Rice they got through the shaky part of the pitching staff & bottom of the order is producing more.

ECU fuming ? 2 of 3 w ECUs lone win by 1 run.
6 errors in 3 games.
Hardly a fluke. Already on page 28.

yikes

https://247sports.com/college/east-carolina/board/59438/Contents/live-discussion-ecu-takes-on-houston-in-threegame-series-207573401/?page=28

You get many WVU fans making the trek to the longer B12 road games ?
Most B12 roadies in very affordable places to stay a few days in walking distance & eat out well during baseball season. (football is the opposite unless way out of town)

Gee.

Maybe we don’t suck after all!

Hopefully we are jelling and finding out who the players are prior to AAC start.

ECU had a bad week. While I’m glad we won this series, let’s wait until next week before deciding if we’ve turned the corner.

ECU dropped 17 spots on the WarrenNolan.com RPI (#27) while UH gained 43 (#159).

4 Likes

Just saw that we won the series!! Wow! Good job boys!!

3-2 / 4-1 in the next 5 and go from there.

If UH starter goes long vs Rice, rotation set for Wichita.
Wich is 16-11 w Okie State next & Okie after UH series.

UH owes SAM a whippin after a rough one @ SAM.

5-0 next week!

Ive never traveled to a WVU road baseball game except for Marshall…and they are closer to me than Morgantown, but while watching the K-State series i saw a number of WVU fans in Manhattan.

2 Likes

Baseball fans gonna baseball. In college baseball you represent multiples of fans because every thing you say can be heard by everyone in the park. I remember one game North Texas had about 15 fans at our park. When they homered it sounded like Wembley stadium.

2 Likes

Eh, one game, one series at a time. I’m just glad we won. That’s a heck of team to beat in a series. Hopefully this can boost their confidence to go on a run.

RPI for AAC after Week 1:
31. ECU (1-2)
103. USF (2-1)
128. Wichita St. (2-1)
139. UCF (1-2)
159. Houston (2-1)
184. Memphis (1-2)
196. Cincinnati (1-2)
206. Tulane (2-1)

2 Likes

My vote is no. UH should be a perennial top 40 program. Even after this great showing against ECU, we probably won’t finish in the top 140 this year.

4 Likes

My hope is that he doesn’t keep his job.

2 Likes