Last Shot

With UH’s last play with 8 seconds left, for a second I thought CKS was going to put in Elvin, since he is one of UH’s best 3 pt shooters. Can you imagine if Elvin would have sent the game into overtime? I would be casting the movie today.

2 Likes

I think we as fans sometimes wish for things like this kinda like a story book ending but coach said something truly profound last night. It was about putting Ced in the game during key moments but it applies to all players. “It wouldn’t be fair to him or the team”

1 Like

Agree 100%. It was more of a dream scenario. It helps ease the pain.

1 Like

I feel ya, im still gutted. This one’s gonna sting for a while

We win 100% with Shead. We also still could have won if Wilson and Dunn didn’t combine for a total of 4 points.

1 Like

Or if we can hit free throws.

2 Likes

I noticed that our two bigs were still in there on the last play. I would have thought to bring in our 5 best 3 pt shooters with just mere seconds to play to provide more 3pt options. Guards can still screen for each to get a shooter open. A rebound does us no good as there is not enough time to get it and kick it back out.

A put back and a foul ties it.

A quicker shot would have allowed for a rebound and another chance. You also can use the bigs to set screens or even let the defense know that’s an option.

Why would we put it back at the buzzer for two in hopes of getting fouled? The instinct would be to tap it back out to the 3 point line to tie it. My point is there isn’t time for a tap out so why not have all your best 3 point shooters out there. Just a thought.

I’m sure Duke players were told not to foul regardless lol