Latest on big12 divisions

I just want to relax and be one of the guys for a change.(in terms of p5 and conference stuff) I’m tired of asking Tilman to raise Hell on my behalf. Lets just chill and be happy for our good fortune and those tenacious enough to have delivered it to us.
If you think about it all we (UH) ever wanted was respect and to be relevant. Well, we have it.

5 Likes

No we wont! And our AD says so…When league goes to a 9 game conference schedule, if they dont have divisions, schools will have 3 rivals they play every year…Our 3 will be TCU, Baylor and Tech…

Our AD said we won’t join the Big 12 unless we play the other Texas schools within our division yearly?

1 Like

We’re joining

2 Likes

" each school will receive approximately $42.6 million in revenue for 2021-22."

3 Likes

When we first began talks with them a year ago, we said it was paramount that we play the other Texas schools every year…it is the ONY request we made…Pez told me that himself…its THREE games out of 9! Of course they are going to set it up to accommodate us, because its easy to do so!! The league is going to work to limit travel costs, and maintain and develop natural rivalries…

1 Like

heard anything about 2023?

Not at all.
My knowledge is limited to the sites I post articles from on here.

I love the idea of trading future OOC games vs the AAC for a % $ reduction of the exit fee if anyone has links on it.

1 Like

It gives the aac some p5 games that matter so I’m ok if it reduces the payouts and we can join the big12 in 2023.

2 Likes

Smart move by arseno bc it basically means we never left at least for a few yrs.

Tulane and Tulsa are natural old rivals who would comfortably fit into several NC games to do that…Maybe USF, Temple and ECU as well…i like that idea to trade…

1 Like

2 AAC games a year is fine with me. Play Rice every year and then one of SMU, Tulane, Tulsa, UTSA. Then try and get a marquee P5 opponent and a non-marquee P5 opponent every year.

In years we do a kickoff game at a neutral site, we can pay an FCS team to come to TDECU (a local one like TSU, Lamar, etc.)

Big 12 : “Houston, we have decided to put you in the East Division. You will not be in the same division with TCU, Baylor, & Texas Tech”

Houston AD: “That is unacceptable! We choose to go back to the American Athletic Conference for a fraction of the revenue. Give SMU or Memphis our spot…we don’t care. Not being in a division with the 3 other Texas schools is a deal killer”

See how ridiculous that sounds?
We will gladly make the most of whatever division we are placed in!

3 Likes

Whats RIDICULOUS is claiming they would EVER say that in the first place…Because they wont! Theyre not STUPID!
Stop whining about everything.
.We arent going to the PAC12!!!

Who mentioned anything about the PAC 12…lol?

I was mocking your ridiculous take that UH will accept nothing short of having all 4 Texas schools in the same division.

Do you not understand sarcasm?

But back on topic…it is actually smarter for the Big 12 to split the 4 Texas schools.
Houston and Baylor in one conference and TCU and Texas Tech in another. This ensures all of the schools will get max exposure in the state of Texas each season, the Conference’s biggest state. It also places the two largest metros in the conference - Metroplex and Houston in opposite divisions

2 Likes

A healthy conference will ultimately compromise. They could tell us that we don’t get to be with the other schools and we would have little recourse. They could tell the northern and eastern schools that their access to the Texas schools will be limited no matter how much they object, and they might not have much recourse.

“Nothing you can do about it” is a terrible foundation for a conference (it’s the game Texas played that ran the conference into the ground), and will signal to me that it’s not in a stable place.

It may be in the conference’s best interest that we play TCU 4 seasons out of 6 rather than every year (so that the northern schools can get more games in the DFW area for example) because it keeps other schools happy a bullet we should bite and be excited about getting to play Texas Tech every year.

But I can’t imagine that we’d have gone into the conference interview explaining that we were going to insist on playing all the Texas schools every year. If we had, we likely wouldn’t have been invited. Like, even if they intended to try to do it, it would have been a huge red flag coming from a school they were iffy on to begin with.

3 Likes

[quote=“UH1927, post:35, topic:36364”]
Do you not understand sarcasm?
[/quote

US Secret Service wants software to “detect sarcasm” on social media

Skeptics are not aware of a satisfactory algorithm to detect online sarcasm.

Even the Secret Service doesnt get it right.

3 Likes

.:smiley::smiley::smiley:

What I remember is about a year ago, YOU claiming that we were going to the PAC 12, that YOURS (source) was bigger than everybody else’s, and if someone didn’t believe everything YOU were shoveling, they were STUPID.

4 Likes

And for the record…
I was interrsted in the PAC 12 when we had 4 realistic outcomes on the table.

1. PAC raids the Big 12. The hope was 3 of the remaining 8 Big 12 Schools + UH
  2. Big 12 raids the AAC + BYU
  3. AAC raids the Big 12
  4. Nothing happens

However, the PAC issued a formal statement saying they were NOT expanding and #2 happened.