Latest on big12 divisions

2 Likes

Wow that makes it sound like we are no where close to figuring it out. Seems like it will be strange times in the beginning when we join.

1 Like

I can already see a three-headed hate rivalry between UH-TT-Baylor brewing.

Both Baylor and Tech fancy themselves the heir apparent to Oklahoma.

UH wants to establish itself right off of Jump Street. Any time we beat either the pain will linger and the hatred will multiply. TCU is a wildcard spoiler for all three.

7 Likes

Interesting. I’d like the B12 to take a look at this model down the line.
For UH - Baylor, TCU, Tech a no brainer ?

“The ACC has plans to vote on a 3-5-5 scheduling model featuring three permanent opponents and a rotating slate of home-and-home games with five other opponents”

The Baptist and the Sand Aggies….it’s going to be a rude awakening……all their worst fears of what would happen if UH was ever in a P5 are about to come true…. And there’s not a damn thing they can do to stop it….
for all you guys that have been through the UH dark ages….the light is near and it’s gonna be a helluva lot of fun.

10 Likes

Sit back and think about it. Have you ever in your life of sports fandom (most of us 20+ years - some maybe even 50+ years) heard a group of conference mates openly protest the addition of a prospective candidate school?
And, by their open admission, they said emphatically “because it will elevate them.”

I’m gonna hazard a guess you haven’t. And while the rider of “recruiting” was always attached to the protest as cover the theme was always, “they’ll get better.”
The fact is its an insidious hatred of UH that goes back deeply to our success in the SWC and the theme that we never should have been there to begin with. It will be delicious…nay, Heavenly, to hammer them into submission. Because now they’re trapped in the cage with us and no one can save them. Not Deloss Dodds. Not Del Conte. Not Grant Teaff. Not even RC Slocum or Mack Rhoades. Tech, Baylor and TCU gonna get their #% whipped.

8 Likes

I take that more as a sign of conference dysfunction. Other conferences know that they should strive to create the best conference possible (however defined), or should at least pretend that to be the case. The Big 12… hasn’t. Since Texas was the biggest offender here (they worried about the elevation of teams already in the conference!), I’m hoping that changes with their departure (there are some positive indications). It’s one of my bigger concerns.

1 Like

Yes, yes and yes this why I hope, hope and hope that the BIG12 will indeed be a Power Conference when these media contracts are signed and delivered.
Football is king in Texas. Isn’t highly ironic how so many have tried to keep us down?

©Copyright 2017 Coogfans.com