Letter grades for Alabama game

Not saying anything bad about any of the players,…just saying it is silly to be grading kids performances based on one game.
Love Sasser but questioning your teacher curve there lol…

That’s an odd take since he isn’t saying that’s their season, just how they performed yesterday. Its a snapshot of one game. That’s the point.

1 Like

That’s fair. At the end of the game. Sasser losing the dribble, was bad. We had the ball with 25 seconds and got that look at the end.

I’ll have to watch it again. With the amount of misses Sasser had, probably more of a B

I agree. With basketball, I get it. There’s so many games. So the next one is just as important.

But this was a big game. Probably the best team we’re gonna play til March

And with football, people give out grades for offensive line play, defensive line, wide receivers after each game.

So why can’t for basketball?

1 Like

That’s why I didn’t get bigmccoogs comment. We talk about game performances all the time. It’s kinda one of the points of having a fan board.

1 Like

I’m not saying anything bad about any of the players, but they played the game and they lost.

I wanted them to win

But do we actually grade the players A-F? Everyone has an opinion but I will let coach give each player a grade in private lol.
Back to reality I think the entire team played hard and like most big road games, got hammered by the officials.
As a team I will give us an A under the circumstances…Post play gets an A, guards get a B- and bench C-. free throw shooting, C-.
Great game…the way Bama came out of the dressing room I felt we were in for a long night. But the kids hung together and battled hard and had a chance to win it on the last shot.
We have not done well at all the past few years when it all comes down to the last shot…
BTW, coaching gets an A- and Shead gets and award for being a man and picking up the trash.
Fun game, bad outcome, but now we know areas we need to improve on.
Our game against OSU next week should also be a good one…on a neutral floor.
This Cougar bunch is going to get better and better. Hopefully we have a 100% Mark sooner than later…

2 Likes

I think you’re missing his point, which was to grade the players for just the Bama game.

1 Like

I think you can recognize the team played a great game and that individual players had difficult games. That is how every game is going to be, win or lose. No game will be played perfectly

THIS!!! It’s 2021 man those are the worse shots in basketball, most of the time they are leaning and off balance too. I think he needs to be more aggressive getting to the rim or shooting a floater like Shead and Sasser. I feel like a lot of the times he does good getting that first step and guys on his hip but just settles for a contested midrange

I’m looking at Mark more with concern about his shoulder. If he was icing it on the bench then there’s inflammation. And inflammation probably means its not healed. I just don’t want to click on Coogfans in two weeks and read he’s gonna have surgery.

Not that there’s anything we can do about it. But I trust Sampson and the doctors. Just concerned.

1 Like