Local Fox Station Only One in Kansas City

Shameful the other local stations are not there.

https://x.com/MarkBerman_/status/1768779878847905901?s=20

3 Likes

Nothing new, the news stations don’t give us much coverage on anything during the year, just a blip or two during the season, too bad we aren’t in a college town

Probably because all the networks have been covering the recent Texans trades

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if the other networks send someone up for tomorrow’s game only because Fox26 called them out.

5 Likes

Did the stations cover us when we were playing in the AAC tournament? I think I remember some for the championship game. Maybe that was their plan.

I’m talking all year long football, basketball etc the Astros, Texans and Rockets overshadow us always have always will, this aint Austin Lubbock or College Station it’s a shame but that’s the way it is news wise

1 Like

I was watching KPRC News this morning and they are sending a reporter to KC. With the competition so fierce in the local market, I expect the others to follow suit and send a reporter to KC.

4 Likes

“Hi, first question, which one of you is Kelvin and which one is Kellen?”

12 Likes

Good one!…Once that is established the reporter will then ask how UH plans to balance the running game with the passing game

3 Likes

Someone told me from the news side once:

I have 1:30 - 2 minutes to cover Astros, rockets, texans, dynamo, dash, uh, rice, tsu, hcu, st Thomas, 100 plus high schools, Olympics, etc

I walked away :joy: as they made total sense

1 Like

They are too busy covering the Astros in spring training, the Texans trades and draft rumors, and the rockets. We are an afterthought most days and after some of our wins they covered girls HS basketball more than us.