Looking ahead to 22-23

I believe he would have to hire an agent Mike.

no, nothing has changedā€¦

he was a draft early entrant which we already knewā€¦amoung everyone draft eligible, the nba execs rank the top 100 prospects, top 60-ish get nba combine invites, next 40-ish get g-league elite camp invites (basically the secondary nba combine)ā€¦ the gleague elite camp invite means the NBA doesnā€™t expect you to get drafted but thereā€™s enough nba intrigue in you that they want to see you to maybe change some mindsā€¦almost every eligible to come back player in the gleague combine normally comes back

of note: if you dominate in the gleague camp, they will upgrade you to the nba campā€¦

1 Like

https://twitter.com/RunninHoops/status/1525171515221757954

we have a date for oregonā€¦

7 Likes

At Eugene or Houston?

Eugene

2 Likes

That should guarantee itā€™s a quad 1.

2 Likes

So @Virginia, @Oregon, Home for Alabama

Probably needs to schedule another Top-25ish team for Neutral site or Home game

Last year on paper: Virginia, Wisconsin, Oregon, Alabama, Oklahoma St (5) potential at large tourney teams.

for a 1 seed probably more than 1ā€¦conference is week next season, and we also arent playing in a MTE

2 nits teams, 1 mid-level ncaa team, 9 buy games, 18 conference games where non are notable will be hard case for 1 seedā€¦ (entering the year with only 1 team seen as tourney team, in 30 games)

we need to find a way to either make a last minute MTE with the teams available ( some noteable ones are out available - indiana, texas, etc.)

or adding 2 or 3 noteables games, where atleast 1 is top 10-ish

1 Like

Gonzaga last year, who was a 1 seed, their non conference was:

*Texas - home game

*UCLA - Neutral

*Duke - Neutral

*Alabama - Neutral

*Texas Tech - Neutral

So to add (2) solid games to our schedule, (1) is probably Neutral.

Oklahoma St, a team weve played 3 times of late, im not sure how great they will be next seasonā€¦probably projected 7th in the Big 12. So do we wanna schedule them again? :thinking:

2 Likes

Either 2 B12 teams or Arizona + 1 B12 team if I had to choose

If we asked Arizona for a home and home right now they would probably accept the offer

1 Like

One positive is that we heard all the noise about ā€œ not playing anyoneā€ and ā€œ quad oneā€ blah blah ā€¦ā€¦The Coogs and CKS showed exactly how much that meantā€¦.

The metrics were there to have been a #2 seedā€¦.it was the non belief by the ā€œ expertsā€.

This next season the team will start out ranked higher than last year and with the reputation that the weak conference clearly does not affect the quality of the teamā€¦.

The team may have to have 31-2 type year but I think they will be a #1 or 2 seed whether we add anyone or not.

5 Likes

the blue bloods willingness to play us might not be high

Creighton for a neutral makes too much senseā€¦ they are targeting a 1 seed aswell and have no heavy weights in the non-conference

another idea could be making a MTE with texasā€¦ an all texas MTEā€¦ Houston vs North texas, Texas vs texas state as round 1

1 Like

I wonder if the LSU game is going to return with Will Wade gone

Ummā€¦UT-Austin is not guaranteed to make the second round.

1 Like

If they were guaranteed I donā€™t think in any world they want to play usā€¦ā€¦

In the old days( post Guy V to pre CKS)it was to avoid the embarrassment of a possible upset lossā€¦.

Now itā€™s the embarrassment of being taken back behind the woodshed for a thorough beating.

4 Likes

Looks like Edwards is at the camp as well

2 Likes

5 Likes

I saw that and didnā€™t want to post it. Hope it was someone who moved from Houston a long time ago and isnā€™t into sports.

1 Like

So he meets a person from the city of Houston (greater Houston population is over 7 million) at a party and this one person doesnā€™t know what happened to Sasser and Mark??? And then feels a need to post about it on social media??

Thatā€™s like meeting someone from Chicago and asking them if they know Mike.

1 Like

its a joke.

7 Likes