Looking for 20 free tickets

Fixed it for you.

I think it’s nice to give someone a ticket and a chance to fill a seat and see a game they might not otherwise be able to see. However, I think it is rather crass to request, or essentially beg for, a free ticket.

3 Likes

I usually have an extra ticket because my wife rarely goes to the game. There’s a guy that is always out front and I usually give him the extra ticket, but once he gets in, he goes and sits elsewhere. I don’t mind because it would just go unused, and I would rather see another body in the stands.

If I can, I give my tickets away on those rare days when I can’t attend. It doesn’t bother me and if I can get someone else into the games maybe they will end up as season ticket holders down the road once they see how much fun and excitement it is.

Everyone decides for themselves what to do with extra tickets and no one else should be bothered about it.

7 Likes

I would like to trade my Texans tickets for the Bama game tickets​:rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I find friends to use my tickets at no cost but have no problem with those making back their money. I do have a big problem with someone trying to sell the ticket for a profit.

1 Like

You mean if it goes unused because they tried to profit
?

I have no problem with people that ponied up $ up front selling over face value if the actual demand is driving it that high AND the ticket will actually be used
 See UVA ticket prices
 :open_mouth:

Well I do. The entire “market” is bs that these scalping agencies can purchase tickets and resell them at a higher price.

It’s the American way
It’s called capitalism

1 Like

Ticketmaster encourages resellers to buy up tyhe tickets becasue they make more money when the resellers use ticketmaster to resell the tickets and ticketmaster gets two service fees.

I agree. I am to the point of trying to justify the ever-increasing cost of attending college sports. I have no idea what “face value” is anymore as everything is dynamic pricing and there is nothing to tell me how much my Bama basketball ticket cost me vs. how much my Tulsa football ticket cost me. Therefore, I will sell at a price that I am comfortable with and, if the “market” is not willing to pay it, then I either use the tickets or try to find a taker (sometimes even people asking for tickets here). I will say it has been much easier to unload football and basketball tickets this season via StubHub. :wink:

1 Like

They performed two services, right
?

Correct, they collect one from the fans and one from the resellers. The fan pays for both. And all the while the fan just wanted the opportunity to buy a ticket through ticketmaster outright but was denied that by the computerized mass buying algorythims owned by resellers.

I put my Bama tiks up for sale ( I have family event that day) through Stubhub at 4:00 p.m. this afternoon-- 175.00/ ticket. Sold by 6:15 this evening. Quick 320.00 after fees deducted.
Hopefully both teams will still be undefeated on Dec 10. #GoCoogs

6 Likes

Not enough Texans home games left to make an offer of all of them for Alabama tickets worth it . . . . . besides, I’ll be cleaning my garage every time the Texans have a home game . . . . .

If we miss a game this year I will give our tickets to a Coog fan. I am ok with folks selling unused tickets or blessing a fellow Coog.
Doubt anyone is going to be giving away tickets to the Alabama game lol.
I see nothing wrong with accepting or giving away free tickets.
We were blessed with freebies to Kent State and my wife and grand daughter loved the environment. Ditto for the game tomorrow.
We need to get people in all those empty seats people complain about.

I would not sell my Bama tickets for even 1000 apiece, can’t wait for that game