Louisville Clemson

Should be for sure. Neither team will lose before that matchup.

The irony is that now Loiseville need Houston to go unbeaten

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be at all shocked if voters keep Louisville ahead of us. Will suck, but won’t shock me. Besides the UH v. UL game, the other most important game of the season for us is Ohio St. v. Michigan on 11/26. That’s the last game of the regular season and the loser should drop out of the playoff, especially if one of them is #4 at the time.

I think we’ll move ahead of them and barely stay ahead of Washington while closing in on Michigan. There will be about 4 teams crowded between 4-7 with the Aggies looming st 8.

OU winning today was big and hopefully USF keeps winning out East.

1 Like

I predicted last year that we would defeat Vanderbilt, that UH would win the national championship (in football), and that Trump would be our next president.

We did defeat Vanderbilt.

1 Like

Problem is if the OSUvsUM game is close, will they only drop UM by a couple spots?

I don’t think they will. I also don’t think UL will be in front of us either. I hope I’m right.

My looking at the teasm that lost, the AP could look like this.

1. Bama
  2. OSU
  3. Clem
  4. UM
  5. UH***
  6. UW***
  7. UL
  8. A&M
  9. Tenn

The big question is will UW jump in front of us. And if they do, who is going to beat them so we can jump in front of them.

ND is out, Big 12 is out. With the Clem win, the ACC is most likely in. So we need the PAC 12 to be out as well.

1 Like

UW has a number of road games coming up that may trip them up. They did sneak by Arizona in OT last week. Oregon is down this year, but that’ll be a tough game for UW in Eugene.

The list of what we need to happen just got a lot longer. Obviously we need to win out, that was always the case. We need OU to win the Big12 and probably need them to work themselves back into the top 10 while doing so. We probably need Wisconsin to beat Ohio State and Ohio State to beat Michigan so they all have loses. One of them would still be ranked higher than us but not two. If OU wins out, none of the Big 12 would finish ahead of us. We need A&M to have two losses, Alabama and one other. If their only loss is Alabama, I believe A&M would eventually move past us. I doubt even if USF goes 10-1 and we beat them by 20 in a conference championship game it would mean anything to the committee.

I think there is a better chance of us having a rematch against OU in the Cotton Bowl if we go undefeated than making the playoffs now. There is a chance but the odds are really against us.

I don’t think A&M is that good. They will lose to Bama. Probably lose to one of LSU/Ole Miss.

The Louisville QB has a lot of moves that remind of Ward; the contest between them will be epic. I’m betting on Ward!

Just remember that the CFP committee will be issuing the rankings that matter. At the end of the year, Ohio State and Michigan cannot both be in position, because they’re in the same division. At least one of them will not even play for the conference championship. The committee places a lot of emphasis on winning a conference championship and playing a tough game #13 - at least one of OSU and UM will be sitting at home watching possibly the other one.

They won’t both be in front of us in the ranking that matters if we win out.

As for Washington, Utah may be the best chance for them to lose. The loss to Cal was a head scratcher, but I’ve thought they look like the other complete team in the Pac 12 this year. UW has to go to Utah in a couple of weeks, and then I think Utah is most likely to win the South, so there’s a good shot at a rematch. Plenty of opportunity for chaos there.

Speaking of the committee

I think we can all safely assume they will slot UH 2-4 spots lower than the AP Poll voters. The committee can always use SOS as an excuse. Each vote is anonymous so their is zero accountability, unlike the AP poll.

Remember when Baylor and UNC were ahead of UH in the CFP rankings???

Some people will say that UH passes the eye test. They won’t treat us like they did last year. But the eye test just means when in doubt, we slot teams where we want them to be.

The 1st CFP rankings come out Nov. 1st. Plenty of time for other P5 schools to rack up “quality P5 wins”.