LS who coaching search

Good article on LSU’s coaching search

http://footballscoop.com/news/first-look-lsu-lead-candidates/

“Every indication I’ve heard thus far is although LSU believes Herman Should be a strong candidate, it does not necessarily appear the feeling is reciprocal at this time”

1 Like

I honestly don’t see the allure of LSU. Herman has said repeatedly he loves to win and one of the biggest reasons he likes UH is because it’s the easiest path to a major bowl game every year. That most definitely will not be the case in the SEC west. Throw in the fact that the entire fan base in LSU hates you if you have a 3 loss season, who would want that unless the only factors are money and P5 status? Herman is smarter than that.

I hadn’t thought about Brian Kelly to LSU before, but I agree with the author that it’s intriguing.

3 Likes

heard the LSU beat writer on the radio this morning, and while he mentioned Herman and Fisher, he said if Orgeron does well, that LSU will keep him because they have a great DC in Aranda, and will look for a great OC to go with him.

Really Orgeron is a great cultural fit and from the area. Even personal reasons aside, I always want to see coaches who take over and love that university succeed

Pretty damn obvious that Sumlin and TAMU had at the very least a handshake deal before they fired Sherman.

One would imagine that LSU has done the same…but it don’t look like it.

I kind of hope LSU rights the ship, knocks off Bama and sticks with Orgeron going forward. Then they could bring in Art Briles as the OC, he could bring Jarrett Stidham and Tren’Davian Dickson with him for instant offense. Everybody’s happy.

Orgeron needs an OC. At Ole Miss, he showed that he can recruit, but he doesn’t know how to coach offense; he kept switching OC’s until they finally fired him.

He’s a cultural fit, but LSU is going to swing for the fences. Settling on Orgeron will be like when we settled on Levine.

1 Like