Maddox hits the transfer portal

https://twitter.com/maddox_kopp/status/1459985161265856512?s=21
Sad to see this, Tune is only going to be here for 1 more year, he could have been starting for us our first season in the big 12

3 Likes

Quit recruiting private school QBs. They rack up stats against weak competition.

20 Likes

Wow, I mean I figured he had an excellent shot at starting in the B12 in 2023…but what do I know

1 Like

Better QB recruits coming might be the reason.

21 Likes

I think many on this board would agree. No idea what CDH thought of him at this point. Coach says it takes 3 years usually for the light to come with QBs running his offense.

We do live in an age of instant gratification so maybe that has something to do with it. Will be interesting to see where he lands.

5 Likes

He enrolled late last year. You accept competition or you do not. That is all I have to write.

8 Likes

Bye bye Maddox.

Don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!!

Now let’s go coogs!!!

2 Likes

Massoud will be in his 3rd year next year, Edwards will be in his 2nd. I don’t know who we are recruiting at QB or if we have a transfer lined up.

1 Like

I would take Arch Manning. Just saying.

11 Likes

That was quick.

1 Like

Wow.
Maybe he thought next year was his, if he had being reading Coogfans he might have thought this year was his. Not sure how this three year in the system thing is going to work out but Tune sure is looking good now

2 Likes

Wow, already off the roster at uh cougars.com

Do you think he didn’t like competing for a spot on the depth chart? That seems strange. Was he a three-year starter in high school?

Clayton will come back next year but Ike is gone so the #2 spot will be wide open. I my gut tells me this talented kid is impatient, maybe mom and dad are the impatient ones, and didn’t want to wait another year to get his shot.

2 Likes

Now they can focus on kids who want to be here. And want to play for THE university of Houston.

4 Likes

Going to the big 12 has change lots of things.

Best of luck to him. One thing if we were stinking up the joint, but we are doing well and should only get better as we get more weapons.

Difference is in Louisiana the strongest teams are the private schools. In Texas they are the weakest.

6 Likes

Well at least dana now has time to go to transfer portal.

1 Like

Yikes, good luck to the young man

1 Like

Dana needs to recruit a JC quarterback or get someone in the transfer portal. Assuming Tune returns next year, it’s important a QB is being groomed to take over when we start B12 play.