Maddox hits the transfer portal

Most programs do not have the depth they want at QB outside of Ohio State. If you do have the depth, then one of the guys will likely transfer to get playing time.

Why bring in a kid to take up a scholarship if you are going to “run him off”? It doesn’t make any sense. Nothing about what Dana is trying to build long-term matches up with the statement. I do think Dana wants to build competition and depth. At a position as important as QB, you would think he would have like 6 on the roster (just kidding).

If I was a QB, I would be soaking up everything I could from CDH, because the NFL is a crap shoot, but you could make millions getting into coaching. At worst, you are holding a clip board and learning an offense that has been successful over the years.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/MassoudSofian/status/1476297583798722562?s=20

So much for that!

Let’s sign a transfer or JUCO QB or two!

Omg, I still stand behind my criticisms that we didn’t have enough QBs in the QB room awhile back…hope Dana has something up his sleeve…

Tune, Ike, and Edwards still on the team.

I’ve never seen Edwards play, is Ike on scholarship (I actually saw him as the biggest portal risk), Tune should be back though and has been looking pretty decent.

2 SRs and a JR. And I think 2 of them are walk ons.

It seems Dana is going to focus on the transfer portal for QBs. It can work but feels concerning now.

1 Like

3k yards and 42 TD gone. Smdfh.

What?

Those are his career stats in Texas HS for one year. It’s why he got so much attention and why some wanted him over Tune.

1 Like

Seems like something big might be coming up.

1 Like

He was never going to be starting QB in 2023 imo w/ BIG12 start being a high probability. The bar has def been raised for all positions n for many reasons. #BeSelective

1 Like

I want Ward, I want Ward, I want Ward!

3 Likes

I hope all this is just us being honest and transparent with QBs. Unlike other positions the Qb doesn’t sub out. So unless there is a injury these guys don’t see the field. Has to be hard

2 Likes

Auburn and A&M lost their starting Qb’s to the portal. Best of luck to the young man.

3 Likes