MAGIC ISLAND REOPENING SOON!

I used to LOVE this place!

Saw some great magic shows and had some great food there!

Long overdue!

See here:

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/houston-magic-island-reopening/285-417c1376-6c55-4c7c-868d-9dd442804ee0?fbclid=IwAR3q2lhu08mF1uEJS--_iWIB9uD48HQbu_rc4pBpQBkuKWtHvAesxuyOVF8_aem_AZOjEHqCo0VP6-atGL75wP9sPpSDVmtmm1BNNCaCn-jZ0HzIKzs5PTwPNRruFUm_-zw#lu2jyenqw0npo9tqh9

2 Likes

I’ve lived in Houston my whole life and for most of it I thought that was a strip club :joy:

Well, if you listen to the story, the owner actually had an offer from Playboy to reopen it.

He declined.

They’ll stick with magic!

I can tell you this. The magicians that I saw perform there back in the heyday were absolutely WORLD class!!!

Yes, I read that! It seems as though Dr Athari is trying to do right by the place. I’ll definitely visit once it’s open

If you read the articles, they’re also opening as a “private club” so they can offer poker rooms.

Not sure if that will be the ONLY business, but memberships will be offered as part of the plan.

This article says otherwise.

The owner completely REJECTED the rumor that this will open up as a private poker club, and other rumors that have popped up. Also rejected strip club rumors and a Playboy offer.

Looks like it’ll be back to the way it was.

Good.

1 Like

I’m actually happy to hear that.

I was going off of the report I read on Wednesday or so, and it looks like they already printed a correction.

As I said, I went there a few times during its glory days. Very HIGH END dining…and magic shows that are probably the best I’ve seen!

I hope that it’s back up to its old standards!

2 Likes