Major to Miami as OC?

Minor blow to the board Major haters. I always thought he got a bad rap here since day one, especially since he was a rookie head coach. I wish him the best.

https://twitter.com/JohnDBrice1/status/1624487717571555331?s=20&t=VY880tb1YrHOJzMymSTZOw

1 Like

He is not good.

12 Likes

Is he bringing Coach No D back to Miami. Should we go to their board and warn them?

7 Likes

They are about to score 10’s of points

2 Likes

Applewhite will do well @ the U. I wish him nothing but the best.

He sure moves up the ladder pretty quick as an OC…He wasn’t given much of a chance as head coach here…Great OC…just ask Nick Saban

His QB made him look good…

3 Likes

wut?? LOL

Nice post mrs Applewhite.

3 Likes

Major is not a head coach, but he damn sure did well as OC for us 2015-2016

2 Likes

I have no ill-will towards Major. He was solid as an OC. As a head coach he wasn’t the leader we needed at the time. 20/20 hindsight I wish we’d gone with Kiffin. He’s been part of some real success at South Alabama. Could do well at Miami. Could even do well as a future coach someday. Probably not at the P5 level and maybe not at the AAC level either, but somewhere.

3 Likes

He’s been through the Saban rehab program and did very well at south Alabama this past year .

2 Likes

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-former-alabama-texas-oc-ex-houston-head-coach-major-applewhite-emerges-as-miami-candidate

South Alabama looked very Majoresque in their bowl game. Cristo must be looking to have a short tenure in Miami

You don’t know that! Could be his undergrad girlfriend.

4 Likes

I gotta agree he does hustle! There’s no reason to be rude @Hill :poop:

I disagree with this. When it was anyone other than Greg Ward at QB, the offense was inconsistent. I think he was pretty lucky.

I also think what he did to Clayton Tune and the recruiting budget on his way out is unforgivable.

2 Likes

Yeah, none of his post made sense.

Major is 44 and some still act like he’s the 29 year old OC of Alabama. He’s an ok OC and a crappy HC. That’s who he is. A great OC wouldn’t have spent 2 years at USA at his age and experience.

1 Like

Yeah, that takes him from a mediocre OC to pure trash. Hopefully, that episode continues to follow him.

1 Like

Did Miami make any public statement about who would call the punts?

I’m still laughing at what Red McCombs said:

(Paraphrasing) “we always get the pick of who we want. And when Major’s ready we’ll bring him home, too”

Lolololololololol

1 Like

I can’t believe we hired that longhorn to be our coach.

1 Like