Manziel versus Sumlin

Johnny Manziel blasts former Aggies coach Kevin Sumlin in appearance on Shannon Sharpe’s podcast https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/johnny-manziel-kevin-sumlin-aggies-shannon-sharpe-18679731.php

Excerpt:
“I think where our relationship fell out a little bit was: How do you have a guy who’s a grown man — I look back on this now, reflective on this — how do you have a guy who’s a grown man, telling me what I should do? Obviously, my coach, my guy I’m looking up to, my head football coach is telling me to live a certain way and put all this partying behind you, but if you know anything about Kevin Sumlin and what he’s doing behind the scenes …,” said Manziel, who cited times when he partied with Sumlin, including at Jay-Z’s 40/40 Club in New York. “From my eyes, it’s hypocritical.”

4 Likes

If Johnny had listened to Sumlin, he would likely still be in the NFL or at least be several million dollars richer.

4 Likes

I think Johnny Football’s fifteen minutes are over.

9 Likes

Guess the popularity of the documentary finally wore off. Time to get that name in the spotlight again.

2 Likes

He still doesn’t get it

1 Like

It’s called playing the game, Manziel.

You party with your boss after work. But when you’re on the company’s timeclock, the BS is out the door and you recognize your place.

I’m not defending Sumlin by any means, but I’m tired of Johnny.

‘Hypocritical!’ Johnny Manziel Slams Ex-Texas A&M Coach Kevin Sumlin (msn.com)

Poor Johnny just couldn’t find a good influence in life

1 Like

I don’t know whose side to take. It’s like Hitler vs. Stalin (okay, not that bad but that’s the best analogy I could make).

3 Likes

Johnny Football playing for Coach Prime. Gosh, I think I’m gonna cry! :smiling_face_with_tear:

But the guys on 610am radio told me Manziel was a sure thing for NFL greatness!

2 Likes

Manziel just proved he still isn’t a grown up man.

The only place he can sell his autograph these days is the Aggie MSC to the indoctrinated.

Summy needed someone to help him pull those young girls. :joy:

2 Likes

Fixed

2 Likes

Sumlin tried to help Manziel after he won the Heisman. Even sat down with his parents and administration.

I will defend Sumlin here.

2 Likes

Remember those Keep Johnny Football in Texas billboards? Can’t believe the guy that put those up tried to run for mayor.

2 Likes

A&M peaked with Manziel and Sumlin. You can very easily hate both of them, but Manziel was an exciting player and his highlight reel is just insane. He’s not much of a kicker though.

Edit: freakin runs like Jake Sparrow

4 Likes

Sumlin certainly has his issues but for Manziel to bring up that story is a cheap shot at Sumlin. Sumlin helped Manziel grow the Johnny Football persona exponentially while Manziel was at A&M.

Trash. Never should have been allowed to play. Never would shut up.