Marcus Sasser- NBA draft breakdown

a Big youtuber made an extensive reel for sasser.(20mins)

its only offense, and there was some sasser slander about his defense (mostly by people who didnt watch him play in real games and going by the fact that he is 6’2) so I quickly threw together a short defensive reel to let them know our boy can play D too

20 Likes

Big time youtuber, good work promoting our Coogs

3 Likes

I’m not seeing Marcus on many first round mock drafts. That’s a little surprising. I wish him well.

Really good breakdown of Sasser getting picked by Detroit

4 Likes

So proud and happy for this young man!!!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/kellenmsampson/status/1672212512240967681

Kellen, Hollis Price, Shead & Elvin were with Sasser for last night’s draft.

11 Likes

So good to see CKS throw up the Cougar Paw on national TV! I don’t know what coach White was throwing up.

2 Likes

Remember this. Marcus stopped and picked up the trash, after a cougar loss, where we very unattractively kicked the cans, stormed out, and scattered trash. That is all one needs to know about Marcus. And he can play a little bit too. Character matters, and Sampson is on the right track.

Actually I believe it was Shead after Chaney made the mess at AL.

14 Likes

Maybe you are right, have to concede. Do not alcohol and comment.

3 Likes

I think it was actually coach jr that kicked the can.

1 Like

11 Likes

https://twitter.com/EchoPark/status/1672275317803696128

The Detroit Pistons Press Conference: Introducing Marcus Sasser and Ausar Thompson: Pistons Rookie Introductory Press Conference | NBA Draft 2023 | Pistons TV - YouTube

I think Chaney hit the can, but trash wasn’t all over the place and he was just frustrated with the “job” at Alabama. He didn’t deliver a gun to anybody or anything like that.

Yeah, Shead picked it up.

3 Likes

Breaking down the top-5 steals in the 2023 NBA Draft (basketballnews.com)
4. Marcus Sasser | Detroit Pistons

Marcus Sasser hasn’t been as flashy as other players on this list, but he’s been incredibly efficient. Selected with the No. 25 overall pick, Sasser has gone above and beyond for Detroit. Playing 54 games, Sasser has yet to start but still has eight games scoring 17 or more points. He’s hitting roughly 40% of his three-pointers while attempting over six per game. That efficiency is ridiculous for any rookie, much less a 25th overall pick.

Sasser is on a team with a lot of young players who are still developing, including Ausar Thompson, the No. 5 overall pick of the draft. Thompson is averaging just one more point than Sasser despite playing nine more minutes per game. Perhaps most impressive is that Sasser is playing just 16.2 minutes per game, yet his production has been off the charts.

17 Likes

I’m glad he’s doing well for his team!

I do think he got a few starts, though.

I’ll let them know