Matt Thomas

This reminds me to put this guy on the far back burner so as not to legitimize him as a knowledgeable sports commentator!

1 Like

I usually turn it when he comes on, mainly because he is just not that good. I have heard a few occasions he has had the opportunity to defend UH and goes another direction making a joke out of it.

who cares what Mark Thomas thinks.

1 Like

I had not listened to his program in a long time. So this morning I turned him on because I wanted to hear what he was gonna say about the Coogs winning in the big 12 or at least sharing the big 12 title. So for the first eight or 10 minutes of his program he was complaining about the freaking traffic getting to work. Yeah, we all know there’s traffic issues in Houston during an accident. He just reminded me why I had not been listening to him for over 12 months. His program is definitely at the bottom of the barrel. I will not make the mistake again of listening to his program.

5 Likes

Why do you torment yourself with degenerates like that? Listen to Schubert or Tchaikovsky or Ravel.

I haven’t listened to Houston sports radio since Matt Jackson left. The only exception is I occasionally listen to the SportsMap guys on youtube to keep up with the Astros.

3 Likes

Matt Thomas is a loudmouth a-hole. Who cares what he thinks. He is just mad because he is irrelevant.

I remember this dude from when I lived in the Twin Cities (which is where he is from). Tell him to go back north and not to return.

6 Likes

The 365 show runs live weekdays from 3-6 on Youtube and local radio in Waco (I think). I link it to the bluetooth and listen in the car sometimes.

3 Likes

Do we need a campaign of don’t be a dale like yrs ago?

It would be don’t be a Matt with his pick and name on bumper stickers. Dale Robertson retired after we did that and he said , “ what do y’all want?” So it got to him.

2 Likes

Appreciate the info.

It sounds like Mr. Thomas is playing to the T-Sip and Aggie crowd. That plays right in to their Cougar High narrative. Gotta make those adverting sales.

4 Likes

UH1927, you don’t have to listen to Matt Thomas

1 Like

They should strike a deal with TT’s best player. I’m sure Exxon wants to be associated with a player being sued for sexual assault of an intoxicated minor.

8 Likes

The way you deal with a tool like this is quit listening. I’d rather listen to Parker projectile vomiting seven liters of schnapps than listen to Matt Thomas.

3 Likes

Matt is a GREAT guy and a GREAT Coog. I think the joke maybe going over your head. His co host Ross is a Longhorn who definitely needles UH. I think you also over estimate the public’s interest in college sports. If the numbers indicated that’s what people wanted to talk about, everyone would talk college. College sports only plays in towns that have no pro team.

Matt Thomas loves the Coogs. I promise you that.

10 Likes

No one knows who Shead is unless they have a TV or radio, or read the paper whether print or e edition. I’m sure some who don’t have there devices have heard about him from friends. Thomas is an A-hole, period. I listen to some programs on 790, but not his. I just don’t like the guy and his BS.

I used to listen to him and I never got that impression.

5 Likes

Matt does love UH. But what he said on radio about Shead is very un-Coogs of him, even if it a fact. But the reason why I stop listening to Matt is because of his idiot sidekick Ross. F**k the bonghorns!!

2 Likes

He 100% loves the Coogs.

He is from here. He took a job in Minnesota for a while, but came back. He was the PA guy for the Rockets during the championship years.

2 Likes

Yep, went to Mayde Creek H.S.