Matt Thomas

Guy never misses an opportunity to either dump on the University of Houston or give out an obvious 'tongue in check '/‘back handed compliment’ about the University of Houston.

I am really sick of him!

He just went on a 5 minute diatribe about how stupid Exxon Mobil was for giving Shead an NIL deal because
A) no one in Houston knows who Shead is/ or cares and
B) their money would be better spent in a REAL college town like College Station, Lubbock or Austin because people CARE about the University in those towns and NOBODY cares about UH in Houston.

Hey Loser, Shead is the BEST player on the #1 basketball team in the Country and is the obvious Big 12 PoY!

22 Likes

Guy’s just mad that Coog basketball is more relevant and exciting than the Rockets have been in years

7 Likes

What a loser take

9 Likes

He’s always wished he was a Longhorn

1 Like

and a Red Raider and an Aggie while mockingly referring to the University of Houston as “The Harvard of Southeast Texas”…what a chode!

He literally drools all over himself when he talks about Lubbock.

I listen to him every day

1 Like

Isn’t he our PA announcer or does the ESPN+ games with Reid Gettys?

I am OOT Coog so don’t catch local radio

He is on right now…790 AM (available online/app).

Give him a listen…or find the re-air of today’s show.

Yes, he calls the games but the way he defends UH is embarrassing.

He mocks UH ALL THE TIME while pretending to defend UH.

1 Like

mission accomplished I guess

3 Likes

Matt Thomas does not bother me b/c I never listen to him. Save some of your brain cells and nerves and stop listening.

15 Likes

Haven’t listened to him in years, but sounds like the same ol MT.

3 Likes

He just does a few ESPN+ gms during NON-Conf period. That’s it. I stopped listening to him several yrs ago. Trying to figure why would someone list his radio site to listen to him , if he just being negative towards UH Coogs. Why give it time… to get more angry I guess. :thinking:

3 Likes

I hate talking to my neighbor so I spend hours talking to him every day.

Not really, because you know, that would be crazy.

7 Likes

I pretty much gave up on the locals, it’s all Texans, Astros, Rockets at least XM has some college sports stations. MT never sticks up for UH

2 Likes

Yep, thats abt what I read ! Doesn’t make sense to me, but maybe I’m missing something.

I’ve been listening a whole lot more of 365 Sports.

Those guys are the best and they are very fair to ALL Big 12 programs

10 Likes

I used to listen to MT pretty religiously about 8-10 years ago. I came to the same conclusion though - basically even though he will talk UH sometimes he almost always portrays UH in a way that has a negative slant/dig in the name of ‘impartiality’. Add on the game show vibe of his show and it became unlistenable for me. I left him and never looked back. There are simply WAY too many local and national radio shows/podcasts around to listen to my beloved alma mater be passively undermined - but this is just one man’s opinion. I agree, I listen to 365 Sports quite a bit - they are solid.

2 Likes

The 365 show from Waco is just a podcast correct. I’ve only listened to certain interviews etc they may have. Its not something you can listen through your radio is it… Sirius Xm ?
I listen to BIG12 Radio – ch375 - Sirius XM quite often.

2 Likes

I listen to them live on youtube sometimes or watch some of their segment videos they cut-up from the show the next morning.

2 Likes

No one knows who Shead is, a potential POY in the Big12? Lol! I can understand if you’re not tuned into sports in general but if you follow college basketball at all, you know who he is, and you’ve definitely heard of Houston Cougar basketball. What a clown!

I guess Matt hasn’t watched much basketball this year because every broadcaster mentioned Shead as a candidate for POY. This after leading his team to winning one game after another the entire season. I guarentee most Big12 basketball fans are familiar with his name.

This is why I stopped listening to sports radio in Houston years ago

2 Likes

I just listen to LockedOnCoogs on Spotify.

XOM is repping the leader for defensive POY and first team AA. And in the largest city in Texas. Repping in a small college town doesn’t add value.

2 Likes