Mattress Mack Bets $1M on Coogs to Win it All

Might be time for me to make another trip to the Golden Nugget.

1 Like

He’s kind of a dumb bettor. He makes this bet every year but gets the worse line by waiting. I know its all for publicity but still, he could have gotten 28-1 like me if he bets early.

2 Likes
1 Like

Guessing he’ll have a free mattress promo to pay out if he wins the bet

1 Like

Kiss of death.

6 Likes

He definitely has a gambling problem lol

1 Like

Some of you put a negative spin on everything. If he has bet that much, that probably means he has sold a bunch of mattresses through that promotion. It’s called hedging.

1 Like

If anything, it’s incredible promo for the program. But, yeah, I tend to be sports superstitious. Never count the chickens, so to speak.

I’ve said it before: Mac ties this in with a mattress/furniture giveaway so that he can deduct these bets as a hedge. Genius.

1 Like

He obviously does it w publicity in mind towards him & his business. And yes the potential spend 3k giveaway is coming soon I’m sure. But w all that as a barometer, if one of us likes to gamble, it really isn’t a big deal if we bet 1 mil, if we’re worth somewhere in $ 300-400 mil neighborhood.
#PocketChange

A $1,000 bet to win $28K would be sweet.

1 Like

In November, I made a $50 bet to win $1,100 while at Mandalay Bay. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Not everyone is a whale like you.

1 Like

Actually, Isle of Capri was replaced by Horseshoe, a Caesar’s establishment (the name of which also replaced Bally’s in Las Vegas).

Edit: Sorry, just now seeing the post is from December 2022, before Horseshoe opened on the site of IoC.

Oh Brother ! We don’t need anymore pressure.
Go Coogs !

That’s virtually what I bet and stand to make ($50 for $1,000 at L’auberge).

1 Like

The publicity Mattress Mack gets when making a bet on UH is good for UH and UH does not spend a dime on marketing.

I’ve heard people criticize MM for using his money for gaming when he could be giving it to charities. MM does give, a lot, to charities. MM runs a private company, does not answer to shareholders and its his money and he can do what he wants with it.

11 Likes

And to piggyback……I think he has done enough charitable things ten times over.

3 Likes

After he opened his stores for Harvey evacuees, he can do no wrong in my book. We actually took advantage of that generosity for 1 night before we made our way to Austin.

1 Like

None added, he does this all the time.

1 Like