Memphis and SMU are ranked

If I had to choose between beating SMU and going to a bowl it would be a very tough decision. Naw. Smash Schmooooo.

3 Likes

You could say that, but you could have said that about North Texas as well and we beat them soundly.

4 Likes

UNT doesn’t have the talent that Memphis, SMU, and UCF do. So, yes, UNT has he same strengths but they are limited by the talent they have. Plus, our O and D vs UNT O and D was a 7 point game in our favor. That’s not all that great. But, I think we continue to improve so who know’s? I’ll be happy to eat my words later.

2 Likes

Yeah 7 points better because we decided to return a punt and kickoff for tds
doesnt mean we would not have scored on those drives if we had not . We had full control of that game throughout.

3 Likes

Well, I guess we are lucky that special teams scores count too. Otherwise, we MAY not have won by as much.

2 Likes

SMU has the best team they have had since they were paying players. Hmm.

4 Likes

Who exactly has SMU beat outside of rival TCU that warrants them ranked?

1 Like

Lol No one was saying that UNT had less offensive talent than SMU before the game. In fact many were predicting us to be blown out by a “legit” offense. Now people are changing their Tune to, SMU has too much talent? The box score scouts need to watch the games. SMU, Memphis, and especially Cinci are beatable. Memphis has offensive slumps, Cinci has real issues with pass protection, and SMU is a rivalry game we get at home. UCF is most likely a loss but the other 3 are vastly overrated, while our team is just finding time to rest up and game plan. I can’t wait for the upsets to continue!

Doesn’t mean we would have.

Of course they count, but for those trying to predict the future, like me, you can’t pencil in special teams TDs. Those are like an unexpected bonus at Christmastime.

1 Like

We may still have scored on those possessions and taken time off the clock to reduce their opportunity

1 Like

In 2016 we beat OU by 10 and 7 of those 10 came via the 100 yard return of a missed FG.

So did we not really beat OU?

1 Like

Christmastime implies that those returns were gifts. I’d hardly call them that.

Either way, you can’t pencil in anything in a prediction. You also can’t pencil in that nothing would have happened on those two drives by the offense. We did come out of the gate and score after halftime.

We also led by 2 scores after the 1Q which surely changed how we ran our offense. Just saying our offense/defense only beat their offense/defense by 7 is way overly simplifying the game.

1 Like

But we didn’t. We scored the way we scored.

You’ve got to be kidding.

Negative.

Kinda making an assumption there !!!

Good description as there was NO chance for Christmas presents under the previous regime !!

Can’t believe we did not fair catch those. We risked fumbling.

2 Likes

no assumption, just an observation

1 Like