Men's Golf: Cabo Collegiate Wrap Up

Men’s Golf locks in a T9 finish (out of 15 teams) at the Cabo Collegiate in Los Cabos, Mexico. Finished at -12 for the 3 round event. Coogs shot +5 in the first round, -10 in round 2, and -7 in round 3.

https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=teamPlayer&tid=24564

Cabo Collegiate is one of the strongest fields in all of college golf. #21 Vandy won at -32, followed by #6 TTU at -30, #41 FSU at -29, #7 Arky at -28, #16 Ole Miss at -22, #10 Tennessee at -21, #3 Oklahoma State at -20, NR Cal at -16.

Alex Frances led the Coogs and finished T3 at -12. Coogs had a couple low rounds in Rd 2 and Rd 3, including Wochner shooting 65 today. Counting 74s and 75s is going to hurt you when competing against the big boys.

As I said after the Border Olympics, I think this team has potential if they can all play well at the same time. Shooting a combined -17 in rounds 2 and 3 is extremely solid. The first round really killed them, but glad to see the team rally and count good scores.

Next up: The HBU Husky Invitational (Likely sending 4 to 5 individual players) and The Louisiana Classics. The Classics is an awesome tournament and a good chance for the Coogs to nab a high finish. They’ve got a guy serving jambalaya at the shack between 1 and 10 tees, and a PoBoy truck out snuck in between several holes. Event starts Monday, March 14th.

5 Likes

This was one of my account for 14 years. Many memories there especially after hurricane Odile.