Metrorail is NOT free

It was recently discussed that Metrorail is not free, but yesterday was the first time I saw METRO actively enforcing. They wouldn’t let you leave the platform without paying. They had portable pay stations manned by numerous fare inspectors.

I tried to outrun them but they got me with the stun gun and dragged me back to the platform. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

9 Likes

You need to work on your stiff arm.

5 Likes

It was my stiff knees that failed me

7 Likes

We need Metro-rail security “Heartland Division” to start rousting people from dorms and forcing them to the game

5 Likes

Same thing today at Reliant, they had tables set up to pay when tried to enter the parking lot from the rail

I guess I can’t complain about having to pay $2.50 yesterday (they let my son go for free each way).

I’ve been riding for free for 11 years now, I’m still way ahead.

8 Likes

If I had my way, Metrorail would put up barriers so that only paying customers could get near the platform and the bench. Heaven knows it’s make things a lot safer.

2 Likes


Metro gave out FREE shuttle passes at the park and ride for the Texans game.

1 Like

So the rail is no longer free on game day? Yet another reason for low attendance …

2 Likes

Yup. Now that I’m gonna have to pay for light rail, I’ll have to cut out one $20 beer for every 8th home game. :rofl:

Minor annoyance after getting a free ride for the last decade.

The UH game on Saturday probably tripled METRO’s annual rail revenue. :joy:

4 Likes

When I lived in Houston in the mid 90’s to early 2000’s Metro let met ride for $52/year ($1.00/week). All it took was a letter from my neurologist stating why I can’t legally drive. They gave me a card to show the drivers.

Wonder what that would cost now?