Missed shots

Cant miss shots and halfass layups and expect to win.

Defense wins championships. But only if you can make SOME shots. Our offense is just wildly inconsistent and FT percentage is not very good. I don’t know exactly what it is, but I don’t think its great

Losing your ALL AMERICAN point guard and the heart of the team had no effect on this game…….

Give me a break !!

3 Likes

Yeah…but when Shead went out out, our squad turned into a pickup team at the Y.

They were having difficulty running plays and creating offense.

We really needed Cryer and Sharp to step up big time but they did the opposite.

Roberts tried to save the day the best he could

2 Likes

What halfass layups are you talking about? Not a single Cougar player half assed it last night. Did they play well after Shead went out? No. Did they compete? Yes.

Half assed…absolutely not…i never said that.

The flow/execution took a huge dive when Shead went out…that’s on coaching and preparation

Sorry. It was directed at the OP. I just have pressed the wrong reply button

I wonder if this post and comment would have been just as effective in the game thread.

Really sound analysis and thought provoking. Keep up the good work, bud.

We sucked once Shead went down and stop going to Roberts inside for some reason in 2nd half.

Shead is the one gets us into our sets and keeps us organized. Not having a real backup pg was really the problem

Before shead got hurt, we only had three 3 point attempts. Duke was not going to let us win that way. Shead was gonna will us to a win by driving and dishing. Unfortunatly he went down and we dont have another on roster that can drive.

U cursed us with that stupid UH vs NC st game thread before the Duke game even started I knew it when I read it, go to the softball board and post over there awhile

1 Like

Yes, we should put our 2nd string all American point guard in !!