MLB Playoffs

I’ve been saying that… Stros got screwed on a few calls in games 2 and 3… same way Sox feel like they got screwed in game 4.

1 Like

Oh well. Great season. I love the franchise. I just hope the new guy can put together a durable farm system that produces topside.

I think we’ve seen the last of Correa. The franchise has to retool the starting staff. Would love to see Verlander back in shape next year. I think they hold Garcia and Valdez. Eventually Maton will be a starter. I think they deal Urquidy and try to get a lefty. McCullers is brittle and I cringe at him trying to make it a full season.

If Bregman moves to SS would love to see us go after a power hitting 3B.

And catcher. They have to deal with that. He’s bad in two strike counts (helping serve up multiple meat balls from multiple pitchers) and celebrates hitting the ball out of the infield. In the late innings Dusty is essentially an NL manager, trying to figure out how to get around Maldonado.

Those are my thoughts.

1 Like

The Stros got screwed 15 times for every one time the Red Sox got screwed by the umps! I’ve been calling for lasers and computers to call balls and strikes for over a decade now, but the teams that nearly always get all the favorable calls from the umps (Yankees, Red Sox, and Cardinals) wouldn’t agree to it since eliminating the umps from calling balls and strikes would seriously limit their ability to win World Series titles again!

1 Like

cry

Apparently, they have introduced electronic balls and strikes in the Atlantic League for test runs… Apparently, it loses calibration and gets calls wrong as well.

I don’t want a bunch of electronic and/or computer crap taking over the game. Umps are part of the tradition…sure they blow some calls at times but please don’t take the human element out…besides who we going to yell at then :grinning:

Bottom line is if you have home field advantage in 2 World Series and proceed to go 1-6 at home you’re not going to win…some will throw out the C word and it’s not Cheaters

IIRC it’s $68M coming off the books between Verlander and Greinke. LOVE CC and he saves ton of runs at SS…BUT…$250M+ for a .270 that is often injured is a tough call that glad I don’t have to make.

Sign pitching, just like football, defense/pitching wins Championships. Kris Bryant is hitting FA…put him at #3B, move Bregman to SS…done

3 Likes

Maldonado makes up for his dismal offense by keeping runners from stealing bases and blocking passed balls…

Would have to be a serious slugger back there to make up for that.

He struggles with more than hitting

Like what?

He’s pretty much renowned as one of the best receivers in baseball and no arguing about his arm… And he blocks well…

1 Like

We needed Bregman and Yordan to hit last series and they just didn’t… Tuve wasn’t very good either… Big HRs but extremely low BA and OPS.

No he’s not. He’s got a good arm. He was incapable of managing the young starters when they got tired. I’ve never seen a worse catcher when ahead in the count.

I guess I’m just going off what the announcers say but I looked it up and there are 19 catchers with more framed strikes than Maldonado out of 59 catchers…

1 Like

I surely don’t want to blame the WS on him. We were operating on fumes. But we need a more durable outfit.

Greinke admitted two nights ago that he was tired in the 4th inning. I really admire him for being honest about his abilities. I think he’d make a great reliever but not at retail starting pitcher wages.

McCullers is brittle as a glass figurine. I really like Framber and Garcia but we don’t know if they’ll pan out.

Verlander? Who knows!?

Correa = gone

This is going to be interesting.

Got to respectfully disagree with you as much as I hate that robust .170 BA, he is widely regarded as one of the best defensive catchers in the game. Off-season is going to be fun

3 WS in 5 years, are you kidding me…I was thrilled when was kid if we got above .500

Time is ripe for Coogs to grab the cities attention with FB and BB as Texans and Rockets both suck.

1 Like