Moving to electric vehicles will dull recessions currently inflated by oil

@POTUS
I just imposed a series of tariffs on goods made in China:

25% on steel and aluminum,
50% on semiconductors,
100% on EVs,
And 50% on solar panels.

China is determined to dominate these industries.

I’m determined to ensure America leads the world in them.

Does this make those wanting protectionist measures happy?

@92010Coogs will this action by Biden put you on tilt. It is what you wanted, right?

My fiance drove an f150 when we met. Her parents still have it and use it to haul stuff when they need to. It has 200k+ miles on it.

2 Likes

You guys realize that I have nothing against pickup trucks, right? It was to show 51 using the same logic against EVs was flawed and tainted.

1 Like

Very political.

1 Like

Yes, is the political board back?

Did you not get the email?

This is what an abusive relationship with someone who is emotionally volatile looks like.

3 Likes

They all should negotiate for better salaries.

2 Likes

I have the same relationship with UH football.

3 Likes

Was looking at this again, I wonder what they cost. Also, if they have them in like a “sleeper” truck style for long haul.

Honestly, with 51 gaslighting everyone, I just jumped to the end.

I don’t know if anyone has brought them up, but we’re looking right now for the right Plug-In Hybrid. Right now, the government is offering a $4000 dollar rebate on used EVs, Plug Ins, Hydrogen, you name it.

We’re gonna cash in, because we can get more car for less with that rebate. Most of the ones we are looking at get phenomenal gas mileage, so I will selfishly enjoy that, as I take my state, federal, and Utility rebates to install a Level 2 charger as well. One would have to be an idiot not to explore that amazing option.

I don’t feel one bit bad about the government funding this. It will help with the eventual transition.

Get with the times, squares…

2 Likes

Which PHEV’s have you considered? I’ve just begun shopping lately and the adder to go from hybrid to Plug-in seems too large for the most part. But, I haven’t factored in the gov rebate…

If you have neuralink and own a Tesla do you spend most of your day thinking about renewing your warranty/service plan?

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

We got a used Ford Fusion plug in. Nice mid-size car, got the high end Titanium. It’s really nice, and I like the lines. There are a lot of them out there, but we got a blue one, and it stands out. Just drove it home today.

2 Likes

We also considered the BMW i3 (seats were way too hard with no lumbar support. My wife’s bad back did not like. This WAS our first choice.

We also considered the Ioniqs. We rented one for a day, and like it, but it felt so much cheaper than the Fusion.

In the end, it was likely down the the Fusion Energi and the Chevy Volt. No joke, the main director of “The Simpsons” was trying to sell me his used Volt. I so wanted to buy it just to say it was owned by him, but my wife vetoed it as it wasn’t blue.

The Fusion Energis are some of the best value out there, and get pretty good range/mileage. Those two are similar, with the Volt being better at the electric stuff, but lacking in many amenities. The Ioniq is sporty, but the back seat is smaller than you think. I’m 6’ 3" and my head touched the roof barely. Wouldn’t be able to wear a hat back there. The Sonata’s are nice as well.

If your budget is higher, there are many high end choices with BMW and Lexus, but beware of their efficiency. We nixed the affordable 303e because it just didn’t make sense as a plug in with the numbers it puts out.

The Fusion charges pretty fast. 2.5 hours on Level 2, and 5-6 on Level 1. Doing my first charge tonight.

The rebates are a game changer. I’m eligible for about 10 grand between the fed, state, and utilities. My charger gets a rebate that will cover the cost of installation. YMMV.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Of course Toyota makes a few plug ins, but there are so many Prius’ out there we shrugged, as well as the Corolla and Camry PHEVs.

Can’t go wrong with a Prius though. The new ones are sharp.

1 Like