Moving to electric vehicles will dull recessions currently inflated by oil

3 Likes

The fresh, crisp air here is usually too hot.

4 Likes

No thanks we don’t live in cali, we live in houston

2 Likes

Fine, toss your arms up and give in to being Saudi Arabia’s beotch. This is the best way to get out from under them for good.

2 Likes

We have one of the worlds largest oil reserves. Biden has made us Saudi’s biach

7 Likes

Ya know, the only thing is, a big chunk of US energy is generated from fossil fuels, especially COAL.

Plugging in electric vehicles and powering them that way still produces greenhouse gases and effects global warming.

I mean, it’d be different if we lived in a country like Iceland that uses mostly geothermal energy, or a country like France that uses mostly nuclear energy to generate electricity.

But as long as we are burning coal and other fossil fuels to power those electric cars…I really don’t see how it’s very helpful.

8 Likes

And they only cost like $65K. Who can’t afford that right?

2 Likes

Y’all consistently get on here not having done the reading. It’s embarrassing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/mikescott/2020/03/30/yes-electric-cars-are-cleaner-even-when-the-power-comes-from-coal/amp/

6 Likes

Hey listen.

61% of electricity in the United States is generated from fossil fuels.

See here. This is from an official government website.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA).

Quote: In 2021, about 4,116 billion kilowatthours (kWh) (or about 4.12 trillion kWh) of electricity were generated at utility-scale electricity generation facilities in the United States.1 About 61% of this electricity generation was from fossil fuels—coal, natural gas, petroleum, and other gases.

Given that, while I would imagine that electrical vehicles would make SOME difference in greenhouse gas emissions…it may not be much.

As long as most of our electricity is generated from fossil fuel, I don’t see this as being any sort of magical solution.

5 Likes

The only thing is, we won’t be Saudi/OPEC’s biotch, since we’ll be less dependent on oil price.

Its not just a way to appease the climate alarmists and get votes.

1 Like

We were not Saudi’s biach until the current admin throttled oil and gas production in the US

7 Likes

False.

2 Likes

True

2 Likes

False.

2 Likes

Still haven’t done the reading I see. The facts are the facts. I guess all the environmental scientists studies on emissions comparisons for electric and ICE vehicles are wrong.

It’s one thing to ponder the question. It’s another to ignore the answers that have been studied and provided to us by scientists.

No one has said or claimed that this is a magical solution. That’s a straw man. This is one thing of many in a strategy to decarbonize and reduce emissions.

2 Likes

Don’t argue with the brainwashed. Anything even remotely viewed as green is bad. I bet they throw motor oil in the drain.

3 Likes

Renewables now makes up 25% of the US’s electricity supply. Going forward this will only increase as wind and solar are simply cheaper to develop vs coal. Adding battery backup’s to power systems will further negate the need for fossil fuels.

It’s not a question of climate and pollution anymore. Going forward it will be about efficiency and cost and coal will continue to lose.

Worse has already been tried by your generation…

I certainly wouldn’t say that.

But I don’t see much benefit to this unless and until we switch away from fossil fuels as our primary source of electricity.

1 Like