National ranking reflects UH's surge

4 Likes

Can’t read the article. Says I’m out of free reads. Lol

2 Likes

Outline.com

2 Likes

@Madhatter

Not saying I do this…but rumor has it that Incognito mode is sometimes your friend in these times of need

3 Likes

It is very friendly when the number of articles read has been exceeded.

1 Like

Nice!

Careful. The Paywall Police are unforgiving. :sunglasses:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/916f478d9f44df62f25329467f89c057/tenor.gif?itemid=14514176

2 Likes

I am sorry to start a rumor, but a close friend at UT tells me that Sampson is on their short list (3) as
they look for a basketball coach to come in next year. Their big money people are really upset with the coach they have now. How secure are we with this terrific coach?.

He just signed a long extension, so if he leaves we gonna be rich.

But why we ALWAYS talking about coaches leaving. Swear we’re like a 17 year old boy who got dumped twice in one year.

1 Like

The Rockets job is much more of a threat than the Longhorns. At this point in Sampson’s career, I don’t think he’s interested in starting over with a rebuild, and would rather reap the rewards of the work he’s put into building our program back up.

But his heart has always loved the pro game. Coaching the Rockets would give him the opportunity to stay here with his family and take a team that already has a ton of talent. He’s listened to offers from other teams like the Magic a couple of years ago, but the Rockets job is just a much better fit in terms of location and talent.

lol this isn’t football. The goal is to win the tournament. Sampson stayed because he can do that here, and is happy. Tell your kind friend the Coogs on Cullen are sorry to inform him of his imminent disappointment. They’re not getting our coach.

2 Likes

UT should go get Dan Hurley. Match made in heaven.

3 Likes

Why CKS would leave for UT doesn’t add up. He is 64, Kellen is Coach in waiting, has his best recruiting class coming in and probably will get a statue at UH.

4 Likes

I know the UT backers have oodles of money to throw, but I seem to remember that in the recent Jim Rome interview, Coach Sampson waxed a bit eloquent about the “rat race” drive having diminished and about how family and the proximity of children and grandchildren taking precedent in his hierarchy of what made him happy. He seemed to indicate that he had found the situation here at UH that provided what he most wanted. I tended to believe him.

4 Likes

Don’t mess with happy!

2 Likes

Well, we do lose coaches quite frequently here. It’s been a revolving door here.

This! He’s already stated more than few times if he was to leave it would be for the NBA. He loves the NBA game.

1 Like

The only reason why we loose coaches, is because others want them so damn bad! You don’t offer millions for someone you don’t think is better than what you have!

Agreed. We have had some good ones come and go through here. Makes me wonder what the program would look like if they would have stayed.