National Security threat-Duh, it got political

Supposedly (according to MSNBC) we’re about to hear about a new national security threat in the next day or 2.

Gang of 8 about to meet. I scoured the Internet and could only find this. Anyone hear anything?

I did hear about 3 DC police officers shot.

Also found this:

House Intel Chair Warns Biden of Mysterious ‘Serious National Security Threat’

An unnamed Democratic source was quoted telling NBC News: “This is a serious issue that could lead to a destabilizing situation and a national security threat.” Apart from describing it as a “potential foreign threat,” however, the source provided no further details.

So to keep this as apolitical as possible…

Rumors on the interwebs, it’s from Russia. Several have posted that it sounds like a serious longer-term issue than an immediate serious issue.

Everything else gets into politics, really. As most things do.

Weird. “There exists a serious unspecified national security threat” is, like, precisely the worst possible amount of information to disclose.

1 Like

I’m hearing that it is Taylor Swift related

3 Likes

Starting there easily gets one going down the rabbit hole of politics and motives. But yes there’s no question the way that was released and worded was not an accident.

Just typical October surprise stuff.
Oh wait, it’s only February…

But it is a leap year.

Gotta agree, could be grandstanding and serious :face_with_monocle: if that’s even possible.

Newest reports are saying it’s space related.

I do know there have been some serious cyber attacks….some highly classified systems are still locked down even after a couple weeks. Could be tied in to this.

It’s Russian, sources say.

Per ABC…

Two sources familiar with deliberations on Capitol Hill said the intelligence has to do with the Russians wanting to put a nuclear weapon into space.

Most probably to be used against other satellites?

Well there is only one good response:

Thank god we have:

This got political fast, even if not political some unspecified threat that is going tobe revealed in a couple days is just potential rife for fear mongering, etc.

2 Likes