NCAA Basketball Committee initial Top 16 Teams Announced on 2/19--Sat 11:30

Q1 has arbitrary cutoff. If you look at SOS ours is better than most of the top ten and even the top 20 Ken Pom ranked teams. I’ll repeat that. Our schedule is tougher than a majority of teams we are competing with for seeding. So any talk about “didn’t play anyone” or other SOS arguments are completely made up.

1 Like

They are struggling to beat decent teams. No more no less. If u follow CBB closely they were never going to fall in line where the NET had them. All the Brackets had them in the 3-5 seed area even b4 the 2 bk/bk losses . ZERO Q1 Wins is still there. Can’t lose sight of that. I hate to post this stuff, but reality is there.

2 Likes

You have it right, it’s arbitrary for bias confirmation. We’ve played all of 3 Q1 games, only 1 of which was at home. If you don’t have quality wins, how can you be 4th in the NET? Mediocre teams in the “power” conferences get multiple opportunities playing at home. Forget they might have multiple 20-point blowout losses but they have Q1 wins

5 Likes

Of course you struggle against good teams even if you are a good team. I don’t see the reason for the original post.

2 Likes

Agreed. When we lost Sasser and Mark, I was thinking we would be lucky to win a tournament game. Now I think with the right bracket, we could make the sweet 16.

https://twitter.com/Bracketologist3/status/1495413177634410503?t=Q2Dyi9vjMdiEoNZCKE08Sg&s=19

Not pretty.

Easy to get that many Q1 wins when shoddy teams that are barely over .500 are considered Q1 lol

Cant wait to go to the B12 where the bare minimum to make the dance is win just 2/3rd of your home games

Ok.

Will these teams named in these regions in the reveal stay in the same regions whether or not their ranking changes? If not, why did the committee just say these are the 16 teams ranked 1-4?

Give me an example pls. I’ll wait.

They try to build a foundation, platform and then make changes as needed. That’s part of it, to see where yiur School is lining up to play and where. Some changes will obviously happen.

an OU team thats 4-10 in conference and 14-13 overall

or a West Virginia team thats 3-10 in conference and 14-12 overall?

I don’t see what screams Q1 about teams who are a hair above .500 while also getting shelled in conference

I don’t see either one of them in Q1 category. But hey , i need get ready to Watch a Basketball game here soon. We disagree, its ok.

West Virginia and Oklahoma are Q1 games if you play them on the road.

1 Like

Michigan is a Q1 game. Regardless of where you play them.

Insanity. Especially after getting the brakes beat off od them by UCF.

1 Like

Butler putting it on Providence right now…

1 Like