New big12 deal could be 51 to 56 mil per school

Just think, if we were still in the AAC in 2029, we would still make $7-$9M. So let’s celebrate that additional $50M and thank the Big12 for accepting us.
:partying_face:

12 Likes

Or it could not…

Waaaaaaaaamp Waaaaaaaaamp

Debbie Downer

2 Likes

Whatever we get, I hope the administration utilizes the opportunity to cut deficit spending for athletics.

And we currently make $7 million…

1 Like

We’re gonna be fine. We can erase the school support and up the budget on this amount.

3 Likes

Well, NIL doesn’t have as much to do with conference. Re: Miami booster.
You just need a handful of wealthy businessmen to rock the recruiting boat. That’s why Saban is panicking. Its a damn shame all of our wealthy business alums never supported Coog sports. If you look at our roster if just local businesspeople with high profile positions its pretty good. But they just kinda shrug. I don’t mean billionaires. Just people of influence on advertising departments. Lets hope the B12 gets a good commissioner. But we and UCF and Cincy have been good at the success-to-money ratio.

I’ll take anything more than what we get now

4 Likes

UH needs to do better with alumni engagement. They need to hype up prominent businessmen and make them feel like their donations and contributions to nil collectives WILL make a difference.

I think with UH always doing well in AAC. Alumni never really cared to become bagmen. They could give two shiiits about beating some no name team.

But tell them their money will beat Big 12 teams and give us a legitimate shot at getting into the playoffs… Maybe that changes things.

2 Likes

Baylor ?

Baylor, Tech, TCU… Other relevant teams that are fairly close to Houston.

How far we have fallen !

For the old timers, does waiting for 2023 feel like waiting for 1976? Coogs are about to step back into the spotlight, big time.

2 Likes

Bigger than the money, is the shot at a NC and the boost it gives to recruiting. Something you could say was highly improbable before Cinci broke through the glass ceiling.

What was cool was after waiting all those yrs to get into the SWC and once we did we won the conference championship three out of the first four yrs😁

4 Likes

Show-Me-The-Money

1 Like

You get the feeling CDH is ready for the B12, much like CBY was ready for the SWC in 1976.

2 Likes