New big12 deal could be 51 to 56 mil per school

4 Likes

Reported on the other Coogfans site

We can win a national championship or be very competitive with that money from where we were.

11 Likes

rush-hour-chris-tucker

16 Likes

And it “could be” a lot less !!

1 Like
2 Likes

Waaaaaaamp Waaaaaamp

Debbie Downer!

5 Likes

And it still might be only 1/2 as much as many surrounding P5 schools will have - such as UT, ATM, LSU, Ark, OU, et al. And, then when you compare their far superior # of fans and donors, we will still pale in comparison.

So while we’ll be better off than we are today, we will still lag far, far behind in funding compared to the big dogs in this region of the country. I would say our ability to effectively compete for a FB national championship will most likely depend on the NCAA or the P5 conferences setting some kind of restrictions or limits on NIL being used for recruiting purposes.

2 Likes

With inflation thats basically what we are getting now :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

True enough. But consider this.

If we could be Final Four in Basketball and Top 20 in football despite getting only single digit millions per year from the AAC…just think what we could achieve with $50 million+ per year.

The possibilities…ARE LIMITLESS!!!

9 Likes

giphy-downsized-large

4 Likes

I find it interesting that in regard to revenue sports the two universities that do more with less (UH) and less with more (A&M) are only about 100 miles apart.

5 Likes

EVERY school you named is SEC!! SO WHAT?? Quit whining… Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, Oklahoma State, Arizona, Arizona state and Colorado will make same as us or maybe even a little less…

1 Like

It’s more than merely interesting…it’s SHOCKING!!!

1 Like

When will we actually start getting this money? Do we get a full share the first year?

This school is blessed and has been blessed pure and simple. I speculated a few months back, and it is still speculation no matter what someone says until the ink is dry. We be in the range of 50-60 mil per. Beachfront property is not cheap P5 is beachfront in CFB. No matter what anyone says.

2 Likes

Seriously have doubts despite what the league (excluding OUT and prospective team members) may have accomplished. Just cant see where this money will be coming from with the SEC and Big 10 getting the lion’s share.

We can fantasize about Hulu and Amazon but those dreams also helped kill the Big East. We’ll be lucky to get 20 mil this first go around. The league will haveto earn it like the American did.

Still at minimum almost 4x what we’re making right now. Having such an increase in revenue, let alone $50 million come in each year would bolster the athletic department like nothing else. UH might finally be on even ground with a lot of the P5 schools. That not only includes money wise, but recruiting, advertising, media coverage, etc. Moving up even if it’s not as much or as little as some people think is still a massive boost to UH.

Personally, i think the total payout will be in the 44-48 million range. With tier 1-2 being 22-24 million. These big leagues have so many different ways of making money i don’t doubt they could make it to that 50+ figure.

I don’t know if it’ll be as much as Navigate claims either, but it’s good to see a respected firm put that number out. It reassures me that the actual number likely won’t be that far from what they’re projecting, which is far better than what we were hearing—c. $15 million.

2 Likes

1 Like

We’re still right there with the pac and Acc and we lack a fla st, clemson, Miami , usc ,Oregon and UCLA so I’ll take it.

2 Likes