New QB 2021 commit

I am glad that Holman is joining our team and I hope he is successful here. But his stats aren’t that great, and we give Tune a lot of crap for having better stats.

1 Like

People like Massoud’s decision making but not his side arm release. I’d like to see it for myself. Keenum threw some side arm.

Some side arm is fine and even necessary at times, as evidenced by some of the Patrick Mahomes magical throws. However, to use it all the time has a higher probability of being batted down at the line.

Same thing tune needs to work on

1 Like

Yeah we can’t compare starting QB for university of Houston to the QB for East Central lol we have a little bit higher standard than that.

Mahomes throws side arm. Js

So did Philip Rivers.

He also played against much worse competition. Regardless, my point is that the reason for the excitement is not clear to me, given that we have a QB on the roster with better stats that many our less than excited about.

Because we are cougar fans and we are always excited to see players commit here and want to get education and work on their craft at the university of Houston. That’s a good thing lol, he will have a shot to fight for the backup QB position, but who know what he might turn out to be he has 3 years left. If Dana wants him I’m excited.

1 Like

He doesn’t need to throw bombs. Case rarely did.

Passive aggressive much ??? :joy:

I’m not trying to be, I’m just like why don’t you understand the excitement of getting a new player ?? I’m also excited when someone wants to join coogs nation

1 Like

3 Likes

Fans see a new recruit as a BOOM. Good for us. We give the recruit the benefit of doubt.

However, only time will determine if the new recruit is a WOW!

Watched Rivers his whole career. He didn’t throw side arm. His release was part shot put but not side arm. Mahomes doesn’t throw side are every time.