New Soccer Coach named

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1493993659095818242?t=yfHFu00fwSdB2Kowwaz-vw&s=19

3 Likes

First glance…excellent hire! Looking forward to continued growth of the program.

6 Likes

Agreed. I like that he also has USWNT experience. I feel like we have 1 or 2 current players that have USWNT potential.

Really looking forward to the upcoming season!

1 Like

We won one game in conference this year and finished next to last in AAC.
Anyone out there follow the soccer team?
I know we have a top notch player from Ridge Point coming in but curious who else has been recruited.
Hoping he can turn this thing around.
My son has his daughter in one of his math classes and she seems very upbeat!

1 Like

The games were entertaining this year but Scott and Holman said it best, no social media presence from the staff

Here’s to next year!

1 Like

I guess the former coach got all the social media attention the program could bear lol.
Hoping this staff works out

I follow them as much as I can, reading game summaries (can’t always go in person due to my working hrs), listening to game breakdowns from the Scott & Holman Podcast, and watching Game Highlights.

The truth is, the team took a huge step back this season in terms of goal-scoring and offensive punch, which is puzzling because this is mainly the same roster we had last season.

One reason for this is because one of our main, reliable goalscorers (Jasmine Grant) graduated. So between that and having a new coach trying to implement his system, I guess the team chemistry just didn’t mesh as well as we had hoped.

I do look fwd to next season, but to go from beating ranked teams, flirting with becoming a Nationally Ranked team, and shockingly getting left out of the NCAA Tournament (which would’ve been the 1st time, had we gotten in, in Program history) last season - to getting dominated & beat at home by lesser competition & finishing 2nd to last in the AAC - was a majorly disappointing end to our time in the AAC.

5 Likes

My son teaches at Ridge Point High and texted me this today. Why can’t we get our soccer coach to join the real world of social media? Geez, get an assistant to help? Here’s his text…

“Oklahoma, Baylor, Colorado and Mississippi St all did really nice nice social media posts with pics etc congratulating Zoe, Georgia, Sydney and Aries’s for signing day today. Nothing from UH today for Charlotte, they haven’t posted anything in over a week lol.”

Charlotte is a top notch soccer player from RP coming to UH. Ridiculous lazy and probably makes a big impression on future recruits.

3 Likes

Been unimpressed so far. Try to follow all women sports in various media, but I find out more info here, which is next to nothing unfortunately, from a few select posters than I ever do from soccer’s social media.

Total shame. How do you think our signees think when everyone else is getting sent flowers on signing day?
Just ridiculous

https://twitter.com/Crich_0605/status/1590528061610790914?t=J6_ZsoTHRqH5wLgaF6yr8g&s=19

Here you go just dropping in for a minute.
Out!!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Taliafeigin2023/status/1590530186948538368?t=V2ufd2CO_QK2aX89fQfLGw&s=19

1 Like

https://twitter.com/KyrstenKizer/status/1590526113071394817?t=xLfAc58ZgLnT2qQbrcRz8Q&s=19

1 Like

Your son brings up a good point.

I don’t have Twitter so idk about these sort of things until someone posts about it on here or one of our UH podcasters reports on it.

I will say this, from a little bit of “bread crumbs” I’ve been hearing different people say (CDH, Pezman, etc.), One thing I feel they’ve been hinting at is that a lot of $$$ will be going into Media/Marketing that should enhance ALL athletic sports visibility once we’re in the B12.

It seems that we didn’t have the $$$ to hire enough personnel to take over media per Athletic Sport, from what I understand.

But your son makes a good point…I’m thinking: if CKS was able to correct a lack of Media presence selling his program 12 months a year by hiring the Media Guru that is his daughter, Lauren, then why haven’t other programs been able to come up with their own solutions?

Better yet, why haven’t their Media Teams been able to study other programs, copy what they’re doing & incorporate it going forward.

1 Like

How do Soccer Players get ranked?

I searched their names, but don’t see any Star Rankings like in Football/Basketball…does anyone know how soccer players are ranked or if they even get ranked coming out of High School?

Thx Jesse this is what we were looking for.