New uniform watch

I believe there some truth to your comment. It seems there can only be one football team per conference that are allowed to have jumpman uniforms so I suspect after the departure of OU then we’ll switch over.

This is some real conspiracy theory stuff here. :crazy_face: M’eh. I’m down.

Looks like practice jerseys.

2 Likes

New uniforms look slick, I can’t wait to see the all whites :fire::eyes:

4 Likes

I mean, they’re generic, but so were the previous ones. I don’t think our uniforms need to be super complicated; simple works sometimes.

5 Likes

Yeah, I like them.

1 Like

I did some research and between these new jerseys and our new basketball jerseys from last season they look identical to Oklahomas jerseys. If you use a brighter red and replace the Big IX badge with and AAC badge they are the same. They better give us the Jordan brand for football next year because we are literally replacing OU. We copied them word for word, bar for bar. I don’t love either jersey but now I’m a little biased since OU is so well respected.

1 Like

I’m not a football fashionista, so I don’t care as long as the Cougars’ uniforms are red and white, have “Houston” on the front of the jersey and “UH” on the helmet, although “Cougars” in script on the helmet seems OK too.

What I think we need as far as football apparel is concerned is in the nature of addition by subtraction. Less cryptically: Don’t wear black uniforms any more. Why? It never was orignial. Many other schools did it too. It didn’t intimidate our opponents. (We lost several games while wearing black uniforms.) We don’t have a game on Halloween. It didn’t increase attendance, although it did help merchandise sales. And last, but certainly not least, it was difficult to read the players’ numbers, which were in red. Let’s lose the faux-traditional all black uniform thing. It doesn’t bolster our brand.

And, lets also eschew the whole camo uniform thing. It was originally conceived by Army as a salute to service, but then other schools decided to use it as sort of fashion gimmick. The whole purpose of camoflage is concealment; and, although we’ve had some teams that were hard to watch due to their craptastic play, UH football should never be made harder to see.

Feel free to disagree with me if you care to, but don’t do it on my lawn.

1 Like

Strongly disagree, the players and students love them, our blackout games have become a tradition in football and basketball and usually have some of our best attendance. Black uniforms are :fire::fire: and are here to stay!

7 Likes

The big difference that I would like to see between us and Oklahoma is that OU always used small letters on front to accommodate the length of the word. I’d like to see our letters bigger…as a tribute to the Veer years.

5 Likes

Disagree, They’ve worn black uniforms every Halloween weekend for the past 6 or 7 years…

Also, black uniforms are the go to alternate for that one special game. We could get constellation uniforms like UCF but a lot of fans appreciate being able to wear their black gear as well and do a blackout game.

5 Likes

Stripes… FTW!

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate- our colors are red and white. We are trying to establish a national following and are confusing everyone

It is hard to do that when you don’t stick to your color palette and just take the lazy “black out” approach.

Remind me when you’ve ever seen these brands reduce themselves to “black out” gimmick uniforms

Notre Dame
Oklahoma
North Carolina
USC
Nebraska
Texas
Alabama
Florida
Clemson
Miami
Michigan
Ohio State
Penn State
UCLA
Wisconsin
Georgia
Tennessee
LSU
Arkansas

If we want to be included in that group, we need to start acting like them - no gimmicks!

There is a reason why those are all P2 level brands and they stick to their recognizable color palette.

Our Red & White look is a clean classic look- why dumb it down?

5 Likes

Well said! Our fan base will not grow based on one or two “gimicky” blackout games. Half the fans never even follow suit and the athletic department doesn’t really promote it enough to create a real tradition to it. Black out games mean nothing to anyone but a few fans. Stick to our red and white, continue to build brand, win games , and fans will come.

4 Likes

I can’t get over the glasses. Those style of Oakleys were popular when I was in Little League. Now they’re cool again. Tank looks like Ken Griffey Jr.

I just like having cool uniforms. I never expected a color scheme to attract new fans. I do believe that having great uniforms helps with recruiting which in turn leads to success and fan support.

The blackout games are meant to be fun events for the fans. Clearly we need to figure out how to reach the typical Houston fan in a more meaningful way. Our fans are anything but traditional.

I wonder how we can incorporate NIL opportunities with the way we use the uniforms?

UCF printed QR codes on players jerseys rather than numbers. I don’t like that idea much, but there is a lot you can do with that.

1 Like

Are we in that group?

1 Like

Notre Dame colors are Blue and Gold but on an occasional big game they will wear green jerseys.

2 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes