New uniforms connect UH to THE CITY in all new way

Available for the kickoff of the 2024 season!

3 Likes

Based on the way he’s been running the AD, I would say he is not a very proactive type of person, more the reactionary type.

8 Likes

No, like the homage to the oilers but we are scarlet and white.

1 Like

Why wait for the Merch. Quick run to Academy, then to Patch Collections here in Houston, and Voila, instant Merchandise. Check it out. What do you think?

36 Likes

Scotti wins coogfans today

7 Likes

I would have put a “XII” on the other sleeve but they don’t have a Big 12 logo in Cougar red yet.

Definitely in a good way! I remember going to Don’s Record shop to get the Oiler fight song on cassette tape. It came with other bangers such as “The Oiler Cannonball” and “Hello Snake, Welcome to the Big H”. All timeless classics.

1 Like

I am 25, and I can tell you for sure I care and so do all the other “youngins” around my age.

Did you not see the players reaction? They were ecstatic!

9 Likes

That looks dope, do the patches fall off after a while?

Yeah…older folks can’t understand the appeal of throwbacks for the younger generations but it is very much a thing and my kids in their 20s going to other schools are hyped about this. They want jerseys as soon as they are available

2 Likes

Nah…you’ve lost me there. They are awesome, and look great, but for me its a one off situation. Our colors are Red/White.

1 Like

No. They’re sewn on.

I

1 Like

Please sell the blue!

I’m not a native Houstonian and I was not an Oilers fan growing up. But I do think these are sharp unis and given the reaction, its a good move. I wouldn’t mind these unis popping up once in a while.

But, our colors are scarlet red and albino white…I would not support columbia blue on any part of our traditional unis.

I’m a traditionalist…my fave combo is red hat, red jersey, white pants…with a large, prominent “HOUSTON” across the chest.

2 Likes

That’s extremely legit.

I’m about to do the same

1 Like

I would disagree, certainly the throwbacks are popular with younger crowds even if they weren’t alive or old enough to remember where it came from. People buy Colt .45 jerseys and hats still and the name changed almost 60 years ago!

The Columbia blue is significant in its ties to Houston (remember police cars used to be that color too) and isn’t used very much with mainstream appeal which gives it a distinctive appearance. It also is eye-catching and different enough that the press we get on this will have people who don’t know about the Oilers to learn some of the history a bit.

If this was a proteam, there would be merch for sale this weekend. I understand why there isn’t any to be expected but maybe that was an oversight, I’m sure there’s some local shop that would have done a rush order of shirts when we saw the response. I know the athletic department could push the licensing through quickly. The only hold up would depend on how flexible Follett (who handles the bookstore and I assume still handles merch sales at the game this year) is to purchase something like that with a couple days notice.

1 Like

Agree with you here. This shouldn’t be a regular deal and I’m not sure how exciting it would be for us to do this again in another season. Perhaps an Astros themed uniform next year.

1 Like

Our admin are boneheads. They should have allowed you to pre order merchandise along with the announcement, they would be printing $ now

3 Likes

Living in Raleigh, it’s amazing how the Hartford Whalers gear sells to Hurricane fans. You see it everywhere. At least 10% of fans at the game wear Whalers. Gear. There is no connection to Raleigh other than it’s the team that moved here. People just like nostalgia - even if it’s not their nostalgia.

We have more of a case. The Oilers and those colors will always be strongly associated with Houston. I think we should wear them once every year and sell merch on an LTO basis around that game.

2 Likes

OMG!!!