New University of Austin

Cows are getting the UT Houston treatment. Rightfully so

Is this a joke? The address has it right next to UT in a large house in a residential neighborhood.

I can’t wait to enroll!:rofl:

I guess some for-profit thing that gives out worthless masters’ degrees?

In any event, if this is a real thing, they might want to hire TM counsel because they’ve got problems coming down the road from Private Liberal Arts College in Sherman, TX | Austin College.

Remember the South Texas College of Law to Houston College of Law or whatever it was fiasco–going to be the same result here.

1 Like

Great, can’t wait to see their reaction , especially if they have sports teams.

This send like a mix between a troll job and grift. And I’m not sure which.

3 Likes

Wish them all the best in their endeavor. Hope they accomplish their mission.

3 Likes

I am certain their mission is to grab as much cash as possible and to that end be very, very successful.

These guys know how to get to the University of Austin…

6 Likes

“See, they’re McDonald’s… I’m McDowell’s. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My buns have no seeds.”

8 Likes

“Re-examine the legacy practice of universities”

In mealy mouth speak that means no tenure. You are not going to attract the best and brightest without it.

1 Like

I’m reading several reports that professors are clamoring to get in there. They are tired of the far left wing ideas being taught in many classes.

1 Like

@sanfgcoog wrote: They are tired of the far left wing ideas being taught in many classes.

Sounds like these old-time MIT alums – MIT Caves to Wokeness | City Journal –

We graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology more than 50 years ago. MIT was academically rigorous, and it taught us our crafts and the essence of problem-solving, enabling us to thrive in our careers. We owe much to our alma mater and have donated to it regularly. No more. The current MIT administration has caved repeatedly to the demands of “wokeness,” treating its students unfairly, compromising the quality of its staff, and damaging the institution and academic freedom at large.

1 Like

I guess they want to teach sleep walking?

Wait, the professors want to leave because of what is being taught in their classes? Not sure I’m following how that makes sense. Are they being forced to teach something? If so, by who?

A quick reminder about public universities in the state of Texas, everybody on the board of regents is appointed by the governor. Every other leadership position is approved by that board. But the opposite party is controlling things? That would be impressive.

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing haha

1 Like

Please do share the links to those reports.

1 Like

Yes this journal is a product of MI. Per wiki MI is :

The Manhattan Institute for Policy Research (renamed in 1981 from the International Center for Economic Policy Studies ) is a conservative 501(c)(3) non-profit American think tank focused on domestic policy and urban affairs, established in Manhattan in 1977 by Antony Fisher and William J. Casey.[1][4][5] The organization describes its mission as to “develop and disseminate new ideas that foster greater economic choice and individual responsibility”.

MI is also known for publishing a lot of supply side economics in the 80s.

1 Like

Why the immediate angst?
How do you know it is going to be a worthless degree?