New WR transfer Kam Scott

From the Kam Scott article:
“The charges against him are possession of marijuana, unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, operating a vehicle without a valid license and speeding.”

I don’t think those are a big deal. Let’s face it, marijuana use is pretty common; even former presidents have used it. I’m not worried about that. As for speeding, this is Texas and I would bet that most people have been guilty of speeding – at least the ones I see on I-10 every time I get on. I know I’ve had my share of tickets. If he was out of state and his license expired, well he needs to get it renewed. No need to label the kid a problem just because he does things many, if not most, of the kids have done or are doing.

2 Likes

The maximum speed inside the Beltway is 55 mph, outside the Beltway it increases to 65 mph. It remains at 65 mph until you cross into a county two counties away from Harris County. The only time I see anyone driving at or under the speed limit is rush hour when everyone is driving 5 mph.

3 Likes

I agree. I look forward to seeing what he can do and glad he chose Houston.

3 Likes

As of January 1 it is a medicinal drug in Missouri. You just need a pot card.

Weed is pretty run-of-the-mill for a college kid, but without knowing anything else it is possible that wasn’t his first team offense. I think most people feel to some extent the way I do about weed these days - nbd. Maybe mizzou has a zero tolerance policy and they just made an example out of him, but it’s definitely possible there were other issues and this was just the last straw. But I’m sure that was all considered.

I am glad he is here but I am a little worried that there doesn’t seem to be a cohesive plan to gathering talent. It seems very hit and miss and take talent as talent presents itself.

What is the Dana talent acquisition plan?

It is just one season but my Coog dread is overcoming my Coog optimism. This feels Kim Heltonish for some reason. I fully admit I could be wrong about this.

1 Like

Helton was taking scraps from Florida and taking what he could get from Canada. While the overall grade on CDH’s recruiting is very much in the air this feels nothing like Helton.
Recruiting is also much different now with the transfer portal

1 Like

I don’t have a problem with recruiting so far. This last class a ) stars for the kicker and for one of the JUCO’s and the head scratching no grade for the recent class of 2020 addition. I will continue to say that with 35 Red Shirts, a bunch of transfers that had to sit but both batches practiced with the playing team that didn’t graduate many and gained a lot of experience, the wins will come. When they do, the recruiting will tick up.

4 Likes

We will see I hope you are right.

I think if you were to go back and look at the recruiting of some of the receivers that have left and the fact that we will have several upper classmen as starters and possibly in the backups, it makes sense to go after a number of receivers. Keep in mind we will have any where from 3 - 5 receivers on the field at any one time. That would mean you have at a minimum of 15 on the roster and then you have to stagger that to different years.

If the speed limit is 65 and people are still passing you when you are going 65-67, it is a pretty good bet that you are in Texas.

65? If you’re driving 75 and still getting passed, you’re probably in Texas.

2 Likes

I believe that might have been Correct a few years ago when they lowered the speed limits in some areas, but I’m like 99.9% sure it’s no longer correct. Many areas inside the beltway are 65.

Edit: just got driving up and down 59 between the beltway and 288 (on the way to the museum) it was 60 both ways.