NIL Updates

Incorrect on last sentence.
H.S. Diploma-- yes, College Degree = No.
Welcome.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1488602759461064719

A$M has figured this out early and designated a slush fund to recruit the number one class, can they sustain it every year and will it produce a NC?

We’ll be like baseball.

Texas & Aggies = Yankees/Red Sox

Houston = KC Royals

Could Earl read ? ? ? ? ? I understand, from a UH recruiting coordinator at the time, that Earl was not academically eligible to get into UH . . . . .

2 Likes

skol brother

Dexter was a UH lean early on but he had poor grades at Yates. Yeoman thought he would go to JUCO but he later signed with Okie Lite.
Earl was also an UH early lean as Cougar recruiter Elmer Redd was very close to Campbell’s grandma. The story I heard is that Earl did not have the grades to get into school but that somehow several of his grades were miraculously changed and bingo, he found himself in the wishbone.
I do know this for a fact, Elmer thought he was coming to UH
or junior college.
And by the way, when I was working for the Conroe Courier I interviewed Earl when he was a freshman. His tutor at Texas was a kid from Conroe who also went to Texas. Today Earl and Sugar Bear Yates are still friends.
But when I interviewed Earl at Yates’ house it would have been impossible to not see Earl’s ride lol.
When I looked at it the first thing Earl said to me was, “Please don’t mention this in your story.”
I’m sure a few folks around Austin were well aware of Earl’s ride.
That said, Earl was a super interview, a super kid. Lordy, he would have been awesome in the Houston veer

4 Likes

Awesome contributions guys.

1 Like

UH needs to do this. I will buy 5 or so every year. Wear a few, gifts then frame the rest.

3 Likes

It’s a good idea. I bet part of the agreement is that Fanatics holds exclusive rights to the clothing for each LSU athlete.

1 Like

This from the Athletic

The standout running back from a Group of 5 program got an unsolicited call from a coach at a Power 5 program.

The coach made a promise: Come here, and we can make sure you make the most of your name, image and likeness.

And he put a number on it: $200,000.

The problem? This particular running back wasn’t one of the more than 1,000 FBS scholarship football players who entered his name in the transfer portal during the past year.

“It’s a reality,” a Group of 5 assistant coach told The Athletic this month. “(Tampering) is going on right now.”

5 Likes

Wouldn’t be college football if there weren’t q bunch of cheating going on.

The fact that you’re posting this leads me to believe that there is a reason McCaskill got more NIL deals. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As one poster would put it, this sounds like the Great Satan in Austin is at it again.

But maybe not.

Our RB Coach goes to Ole Miss. That’s the dot I’m going to connect.

3 Likes

A little bit more behind this(these) deals. This is not exclusive to LSU:

UCF

Another good article:
https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/fanatics-oneteam-ncaa-college-football-licensing-deal-nil-merchandise/
We should have some news if U of H players can do the same.

2 Likes

Customized player jerseys of your favorite student-athlete?

Sure. I’ll buy one, then the next thing I know, he’s in the transfer portal.
:sleepy:

4 Likes

It would suck if UH wasn’t part of it. But I’d also understand that we are becoming complacent money is tight.

1 Like

I wonder if donations to athletics have gone up since being admitted to the Big12 and having a great season.

If you dont subscribe, send me a message on here and I will send you a link for a 30 day pass.

Tenncentric but an eye opening read in the big picture sense.
" “There will be an NIL collective for every Power 5 school by the end of 2022,” said Blake Lawrence, CEO of Opendorse, which helps businesses, collectives and athletes team up for endorsement deals. “And the top collectives will spend $10 million per year on NIL.” "