NIL

FSU on the NCAA s*** list. NIL has been such a free for all, that I didn’t even know you could have violations.

2 Likes

Is this legal in NIL world…? I received this email… If yes, where is my email from Pez?

I dk why tge long screenshot has such bad resolution…

It’s legal until it isn’t.

I don’t know much about the ins and outs of the NIL other than $$$ set up by schools and their supporters to be distributed to designated players but it seems to me that there is a lot wrong especially in the case of players who are really good and have been at a school for 2 or 3 years having the ability to leave because of money issues without consequences. I can see non-compete clauses forthcoming or the schools saying they are the agents for the players and insist on an agent fee unless the school agrees to waive the fee if they leave to play at another school- Any insight would be appreciated

Prior to the 85 player scholarship limit, the advantage in football recruiting was with the blue bloods. Texas Darrell Royal was famous, or infamous, depending on your point of view, for hoarding talent to keep them from signing with the competition. Coach Royal was by no means the only coach to hoard players. Most big schools tried to do it. Consequently, the 85 player scholarship limit attempted to level the competitive playing field in college football.

NIL has swung the momentum back to the bluebloods, who can afford to pay athletes what most universities can’t or won’t. The only reason why blue bloods are in favor of NIL reform is not because it is good for the sport or levels the playing field competitively for smaller universities; blue bloods are in favor of NIL reform because they are being outbid by other blue bloods.

One of our new coaches just mentioned the need for NIL at UH

Hopefully with winning and coach outreach to various local companies we can get there. With so many Fortune 500 and other large companies. UH has to do a better job of reaching out to alumni owned businesses now that we have a competent coach and in the Big 12.

1 Like

I’m doing my best to imitate a broken record but I will repeat what I have posted previously. Linking Coogs is one of the legal entities working with UH on UH’s NIL. Logan Holgorson was LC’s point person for UH’s NIL. Logan left LC after Dana left. There has been no word on a replacement. I’m guessing LC has not replaced him yet. Until that happens, I expect a slow walk with UH NILs.

Just a hunch on my part but it’s only a matter of time before Landon forms his own sports agency.

Tulsa & HC Wilson w a unique approach.

https://footballscoop.com/news/kevin-wilson-no-nil-at-tulsa-but-you-will-get-yelled-at

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/247Sports/status/1756435036801245203?t=faWimNu-Dh7hJprK2TRiVA&s=19
:hushed:

2 Likes

1 Like

“Don’t let the door hit you on your way out.”

2 Likes

At some point it will level off. If someone pays that means the player is worth the money. That’s just my opinion.

Question, if I wanted to donate money to a NIL program that goes directly to football. Which one is it? Seen several ones and not sure if it goes to a general pot for all sports or if it’s specific. Just wanted to ask