NIL

Contracts have been discussed as being beneficial to the schools, locking in players for a period of time, preventing yearly jumps and providing some stability.

However, what are the thoughts regarding the player perspective? Right now, they are finding the highest bidder and getting a bag, but what happens when performance drops or there is an injury. The one-time bag in the first year might be it. A contract could provide security.

1 Like

Maybe when these companies see that they’re ROI from paying these players isn’t what it’s cracked up to be maybe some of this nonsense will stop, people and companies won’t keep spending millions of dollars without making money, it’s just not sustainable

5 Likes

True. That will probably be the true driver toward some form of stability.

2 Likes

Good take on the NIL situation .
Go Coogs !

1 Like

We need to go Jim Crane on the city and get advertisers from every company in the city

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1745601926371451296?t=Mp03RV8if_sJINdwKc0QXw&s=19

Fl St to receive penalties. College Football Committee now feels vindicated. :grin:

1 Like

Oh my. They have brought down a rain of crap upon themselves.

1 Like

What did they do, buy a kid who had earlier committed to UT or another name brand SEC school?

3 Likes

Like in my original Title when i started new Thread , just a mess bc it doesn’t sound like it was that big deal. The OL recruit in question is supposedly sure NFL prospect n total offered from what i saw was 180k.
Don’t want to bore y’all or inundate w lot more info that is coming out on X. Someone else can.
Seems like NCAA is picking n choosing their battles. :thinking:

Most of these NIL deals don’t even use the player for marketing. They aren’t doing it for ROI, they’re doing to support their football team. Unregulated it will only get worse, everyone wants their affiliation to do best and people with money like to throw it around and out do others.

2 Likes

If that is not retaliation, it is sure darn close.

2 Likes

I agree JLCoog. Looks fishy.

Oof. There’s already a locked thread thread on this subject in the recruiting section that got merged with the nil thread. Glad mods are merging repeat posts.

• “a financial penalty of 1% of the athletic department’s budget.”

BIG w FSU trying to make a very expensive move from ACC.

It is 100% retaliation. The ncaa and cfp are behind the scenes the very same people that control college football. They are 100% responsible for this mess.

7 Likes

FSU should sue the ncaa and expose that rat infested so called non for profit organization.

7 Likes

Yes, this reeks of P2 syndrome!

3 Likes

Do you all realize how much money/salary the heads of the ncaa make?
Look it up. It explains all of these corrupt move.
Disclaimer: I can’t stand FSU for their attitude toward us when we played them.

How about Feds looking into Anti-Trust issues ?
Go Coogs !