NIT thread

I think Iowa is stealing Tang’s signs

3 Likes

And Big East is who we thought they were

3 Likes

Big 12 off to a poor start. USF should’ve been in the big tourney. Those are my main takeaways.

3 Likes

Took a long time for UCF to adjust to USF uniforms

Minnesota wins. True champions

2 Likes

Its official. The #1 team in the American beats the number 12 team in the big12.

7 Likes

UNT looked good tonight. Back to back champs? I bet that’s rare.

2 Likes

Utah won. Are they a quad 1 win again yet?

2 Likes

Nice road win for UNT.
Cornell ran out of steam against OSU. That would’ve been a bad start for the new Buckeyes coach.

Providence had the most attendance at 6500, followed by OSU at 4500. Most in the mid twos to low three thousands.

They jumped back to quad 1 last week….not that it matters.

There is a huge disparity in what is expected of eastern teams in terms of facilities. Seton Hall literally plays in a HS gym. It reminds me of Fordham’s “bat cave.”

Just amazing the co—-proud Big East doesn’t need shiny gyms and locker rooms to keep their cache nationally. Meanwhile Baylor and Houston have to build mini palaces just to keep up with the Joneses.

4 Likes

Cream Abdul Jabbar and Indiana St. just defeated SMOO…101-92

3 Likes

Cincy gives up an 11-2 run to San Fran down the stretch and Dons force OT. Cincy trails most of OT until hitting game winning Trey with 3 seconds left.

5 Likes

Lukosius 3 wins it for Cincinnati

https://twitter.com/UCBarstool/status/1770651672072556973

3 Likes

Another big east loss

1 Like

I played in high school gyms bigger than those.

1 Like

Have you seen where Creighton plays? And they sell it out too.

1 Like

Yeah, but all of these teams have access and play many of their games in NBA or NBA size Arenas.
St Johns- MSG
Providence- Amica Pavillion (formally Dunkin)
Villanova- where the 76ers play
Seton Hall- Prudential in Newark
Georgetown- where the Wizards play

Watched a little bit of the UNLV vs Princeton game. UNLV won 84-77.

Dedan Thomas, Jr.’s line was 36 min, 1 reb, 4 ast, 5 pts. I definitely did not see enough to make any judgements about his game. The thing that stood out to me was how slim he is. He is listed at 6’1”, 170 lbs. If he decides to transfer to UH, at this point a big if, he will need to put on weight and muscle to compete in the B12.

Yes that’s why I think he will not be the starter in his first year.