No worse than 4 seed?

If we lose in opening round of AAC tournament I think we are a 4 seed. If we get to semis or final and lose we are a 3 seed. If we win it all I say we get a nod for a 2 seed. What say y’all?

4 Likes

Id say that sounds about right!

1 Like

I’d say, worse case, we’re a 3 seed. Win the tourney and we’ll get consideration for a 1 seed.

5 Likes

3 at worst IMO. Yesterday was huge. Conference tournaments are for bubble teams, not to penalize outright conf champions who have had outstanding regular seasons.

8 Likes

Yeah. a 3 seed is already locked up. But I think we’re capped to a 2 seed if we win the AAC tourney. Just don’t have enough flashy marquee top-ranked wins. I just want to be in the Midwest Region and get sent to Tulsa.

9 Likes

Tenn, Kentucky, LSU, Duke, UNC, and Virginia are really going to clog up the top seeds. Those are 6 highly respected teams from only 2 conferences. When those teams beat each other it doesn’t even matter. The exception could be LSU if they fall flat in the SEC tournament and their current drama, but that’s still 5 teams clogging things up. I think that’s why we get a 3.

3 Likes

A 3-seed, minimum, is locked up, I think. No way we’re falling to the 4-line, even if we lose Friday. The conference tournaments tend to have little bearing on seeding for those at the top of the heap. I’ve been saying for a while I felt the committee was going to seed the Coogs solely on 29-2. Maybe they can move up to a 2 based on the AAC tourney, but I’d doubt it. And they certainly aren’t gonna move them down based on the tourney. Their resume is already set and locked in. The fact of the matter is, there just isn’t enough time for the committee to asses the entire field with conference tourney results not being completely done until right before Selection Sunday. Bubble teams can play their way in (or out) via league tourneys, but those more near the top line tend to be set a little more in advance.

5 Likes

We’re not losing on Friday. Even though I consider conference tournaments to be nothing more than a money grab event, when we win the AAC Tournament, we’re a #2 seed minimum. Our record would be 32-2, plus we beat LSU…

2 Likes

Absolutely agree. Don’t forget about Gonzaga.

LSU could fall if there’s any backlash to Wade’s suspension. Committee’s not living in a bubble so that could potentially impact. Still, I think there’s zero chance UH jumps the following teams no matter what happens in the conference tourneys.

Zags
Virginia
North Carolina
Duke
Kentucky
Tennessee

Best hope really is for a two seed I think at this point…which would still be fantastic.

4 Likes

LSU is missing their stud fr so I think if they lose early the committee will use it as an excuse to drop their seeding.

I think we are likely a 3 seed with a 40% to move to a 2 if we win it and a 20% chane to drop to a 4 if lose ilthe first game

1 Like

It is unlikely the Coogs drop to a four. It would mean that the the current projected 4’s all went out and won their tournaments. If that happened, the Coogs could then drop with a loss on Friday. That event is highly unlikely.

5 Likes

I think we’re a 3 seed no matter what at this point.

6 Likes

3 or a 2 seed

3 Likes

And 3 seed is a good place to be. If it’s chalk to get to the sweet 16 we just have to beat a low major conf champ and a 21-24 ranked team. 4 seed path to sweet 16 is a bit more complicated.

4 Likes

Actually, the conference tournaments are only for $$$$$. The regular season should prove how good or bad teams are.

3 Likes

I think this year the conference tournaments are to give Indiana and Austin one last last last last chance. And if they blow that chance they’ll put them in anyway. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They have played their way in the CBI and CIT tourneys…NIT is too good of s Tourney for Texas…

2 Likes

We will not get consideration for a one seed – lip service, maybe; real consideration, not a chance. There will already be a non P5 Gonzaga as a one seed; no way they will allow 2 non P5 teams in that circle.

Listening to a national broadcast on the radio this morning, the guys were agreeing that Va, Zags, UNC, and Kentucky were to be 1 seeds. Yes, Kentucky and UNC, neither of which won their own conferences would be 1 seeds.

1 Like

Stop Using the term “P5” in baseketball. It doesn’t exist. That term is a contract for football bowls.

6 Likes

Trust me, it exists in basketball.