Non-con home schedule available via ticket account

I logged onto my ticket account to renew my season tickets, and discovered that, under the “manage my tickets” tab, there’s a calendar. With a number of home games listed, several of which are unannounced as of now.

Sat. Nov. 5 - UNC Pembroke (presumably an exhibition, it’s CKS’s alma mater)

Fri. Nov. 11 - Morgan State

Mon. Nov. 14 - opponent TBD

Fri. Nov. 18 - opponent TBD

Sat. Nov. 26 - Cornell

Sat. Dec. 3 - Prairie View

Sat. Dec. 10 - Rhode Island

Sat. Dec. 17 - UT Rio Grande Valley

Wed. Dec. 21 - Liberty

Fri. Dec. 23 - Harvard

Also, we will not play North Florida. They released their schedule 2 weeks ago, and we aren’t on it.

Records/RPI:

Morgan State – 8-22, 327 RPI
Cornell – 9-18, 244 RPI
PV – 7-24, 334 RPI
Rhode Island – 17-15, 120 RPI
UTRGV – 6-22, 335 RPI
Liberty – 10-19, 269 RPI
Harvard – 12-16, 192 RPI

Let’s just say we should keep our hopes up for a couple of surprises for the two remaining openings. Otherwise, in a word - yuck.

Harvard and Rhode Island are legit.

The others flat suck.

Looks like our staff chickened out on scheduling when they failed to add Jarrett Allen, or any legit big man for that matter.

By the way, unless we are playing 32 games, that should be the entire schedule. 7 home games, 2 road, 3 neutral. Or did the league cut back to 16 games?

Men’s Hoops Releases Non-Con Schedule

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/083016aac.html

I see attendance being 800-1000 for these games. These are terrible!! I don’t see anything exciting here and I don’t see how this is going to create any excitement for the basketball program. The only game I’m interested in is PVAMU. No game against Rice?? Sheesh…

OK. So, I can understand having this type of schedule for CKS first year, maybe even the second. But, how are you going to get students/ alumni to fill the Hoff with these types of opponents? We need to be scheduling big names to get everyone excited and get them to start thinking about season tix for our new arena.

3rd Year.
Veteran team.
Practice facility in place.

No excuse for this bullshit.

2 Likes

So disappointing, especially after being in the running for a tourney berth last year, but having no realistic shot due to our non-conference schedule.

Got to do better.

They were trying to hit me up hard for renewal on my season tix (actually flex tickets that counted as season tickets last year) right before this schedule was released. Now, I know why… They were trying to lock everyone in before they released this crap!

We have LSU, Arkansas, Harvard, Rhode Island and George Mason in the GCS first round. Obviously, not ideal but that’s not that bad of a non-conference schedule when our conference schedule should be loaded again. All we have to do is win that tourney at the end and get into the dance and we’re making progress.